Dawn is a senior attorney in the real estate practice group and assists clients in evaluating, negotiating, and closing transactions involving the leasing, sale, purchase, and financing of real estate.
Dawn was a judicial law clerk for Judges Richard Menke and Michael Young of the First Judicial District.
- Assists multiple clients in the leasing, acquisition, and disposition of real property in all 50 states.
- Primary leasing counsel for a Fortune 100 healthcare company having commercial office, medical clinic, and pharmacy portfolios covering millions of rentable square feet.
- Negotiated a 365,000 sf corporate headquarters lease on airport property for a national airline.
- Negotiated a 90,000 sf headquarters lease for a research pharmaceutical company opening a headquarters location (with laboratory functions) in the US.
- Obtained a conditional use permit for a religious organization installing an FM transmitting antenna on its property. Established national leasing standards and deal negotiation strategy to standardize lease content across a Fortune 500 client’s portfolio.
- Renegotiated the national contract between the client and its national general contractor to provide construction services for its office build-outs across the nation.
- Lead the client's real estate transition team for the spin-off of the client's national wealth management subsidiary. Performed dual representation in drafting and negotiating transition subleases of jointly occupied properties, and negotiated subsequent assignments and landlord consents for the 200-site portfolio to an affiliate.
- Prepared landlord notifications for a 150 site acquisition portfolio, negotiated subsequent assignments and landlord consents, and negotiated interim license agreements of jointly occupied properties.
Industries & Practices
- Construction & Design
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project Development & Finance
- Real Estate & Land Use