TERRY FOCUSES ON REPRESENTATION OF EMERGING COMPANIES.
Terry has extensive experience advising clients in connection with financing, and intellectual property protection and exploitation, including the acquisition, protection and sale of intellectual property and buying, selling, leasing, distribution, licensing and development of high-technology products and services. Terry focuses on representation of emerging high-technology companies with respect to mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, intellectual property law, and licensing and distribution agreements. His clients include Internet, software, hardware, device, semiconductor, medical device, photonics and life science companies.
Education & Admissions
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall) (J.D.)
Stanford University (A.B., Economics; A.B., International Relations), with distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Represented manufacturer of network security equipment, Net Optics, Inc. in sale to Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA) for $190,000,000.
- Represented manufacturer of video-on-demand CPS, Entone, Inc. in sale to Amino Technologies PLC (AIM: AMO) for $73,000,000.
- Represented Geo Semiconductor Inc. in acquisition of digital video processing business from Maxim Integrated Products (NASDAQ:MXIM).
- Represented provider of managed Ethernet services Yipes Holdings, Inc. in sale to Reliance Communications Limited.
- Represented manufacturer of video-on-demand hardware and software, with respect to spin-off, sale to public company, and recapitalization of U.S. and foreign operations.
- Represented public company with regard to acquisition of privately-held telecommunications company.
- Represented a fabless semiconductor company in connection with agreements for the design and outsourced production of semiconductors, allocation of IP ownership, and distribution of products.
- Represented a company in connection with its acquisition of a significant telecommunications and optics patent portfolio.
- Represented a U.S. company in its transfer of telecommunication patents to a major Japanese manufacturer.
- Represented a U.S. software company in the licensing of patents and technology from a major Canadian telecommunications company.
- Represented a U.S.manufacturer in the licensing of trademarks for a global brand.
- Annams Systems Corporation
CAN Mobilities, Inc.
Geo Semiconductor Inc.
Net Optics Inc.
Research in Motion Ltd.
Solarius Development, Inc.
Turner Design Systems
Z Glue, Inc.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Clean Technology
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Educational Publishing, Technology & Services
- Electric Power
- Emerging Companies
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Commerce
Professional & Civic
- Member, American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, former secretary and trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Judge and Mentor, Cleantech Open West
- Judge, LAUNCH – UC Berkeley Startup Accelerator
- Judge, Desafío Intel