A Senior Associate in the Corporate Group, Paula represents buyers and sellers in technology transactions, including complex commercial contracts, software licensing and cloud computing agreements.
Paula’s combined 18 years of legal experience in-house, at a law firm and across industries equipped her with the necessary expertise to provide high-quality work with a pragmatic approach.
In her spare time, Paula enjoys singing Bossa Nova.
Education & Admissions
William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 2015), 2014 Kirwin Professionalism Prize; Dean’s List
Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) - Brazil (M.B.A. in Tax Law, 2005)
Centro de Ensino Superior Unificado de Brasilia - Brazil (J.D. Law, 2003), Vice-president and co-founder of Student Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Goias State Attorney General’s Office, 2000-2002
- Advise clients with respect to political activities and gifts and entertainment compliance, including how to form and operate a political action committees (PACs), as well as with regards to compliance, reporting obligations, solicitations and expenditures.
- Represented various clients in the negotiation of referral agreements, including referrals involving insurance products, derivative securities and technology; developed template agreements.
- Represented various clients in the negotiation of consulting agreements for a wide variety of services, including software development, website development, software implementation and IT services; developed template agreements.
- Represented a manufacturer of outdoor recreational equipment in project to implement an ERP solution to manage ordering, inventory and supply chain.
- Represented a manufacturer of packaging products in the disposition of Mexican manufacturing facility and business to management-led owner, including the drafting and negotiation of a product distribution and support services agreement.
- General representation of client in their Sponsored Research Agreements with universities in the US and around the globe.
- Represented clients in development and services agreement for the development of various mission critical technologies for their use in different industries, including platform technology, applications and websites.
- Represented multiple clients in the creation of their template agreements for selling both on premises and SaaS solutions, including ancillary maintenance and hosting terms.
- Represented multiple clients in purchasing under supply agreements for various types of products, including consumer good and medical devices.
- Represented multiple clients in the creation of their template agreements for purchasing various products and services.
- Represented multiple clients who are licensors of technology and/or intellectual property rights including patents, know-how and copyright, including for food products, medical device and drug technologies, financial services, and other technologies.
- Represented clients in selling under supply agreements for various types of products including consumer goods and medical devices.
- Represented clients who are contracting with distributors and sales representatives to sell their products/services.
News & Resources
February 7, 2018
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
October 16, 2017
Industries & Practices
Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social MediaExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare Transactions & RegulationsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Creative Industries
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark & Copyright
Professional & Civic
- Honorary Consul of Brazil in Minnesota (Aug 2017 – Present)
- Director and Founder of the Brazil Minnesota Chamber of Commerce (Oct 2015 – Present)
- Immigration Policy Advisor for Congressman Dean Phillips (Aug 2019 – Jan 2021)
- Treasurer of the International Business Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association (Jun 2018 – Jun 2020)
- American Heart Association Ambassador (Jun 2013 – Jun 2016)