Paula’s combined 18 years of legal experience in-house, at a law firm and across industries equipped her with the necessary expertise to provide high-quality work with a pragmatic approach.
In her spare time, Paula enjoys singing Bossa Nova.
Education & Admissions
William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 2015), 2014 Kirwin Professionalism Prize; Dean’s List
Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) - Brazil (M.B.A. in Tax Law, 2005)
Centro de Ensino Superior Unificado de Brasilia - Brazil (J.D. Law, 2003), Vice-president and co-founder of Student Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Goias State Attorney General’s Office, 2000-2002
- Advise clients with respect to political activities and gifts and entertainment compliance, including how to form and operate a political action committees (PACs), as well as with regards to compliance, reporting obligations, solicitations and expenditures.
- Represented various clients in the negotiation of referral agreements, including referrals involving insurance products, derivative securities and technology; developed template agreements.
- Represented various clients in the negotiation of consulting agreements for a wide variety of services, including software development, website development, software implementation and IT services; developed template agreements.
- Represented a manufacturer of outdoor recreational equipment in project to implement an ERP solution to manage ordering, inventory and supply chain.
- Represented a manufacturer of packaging products in the disposition of Mexican manufacturing facility and business to management-led owner, including the drafting and negotiation of a product distribution and support services agreement.
- General representation of client in their Sponsored Research Agreements with universities in the US and around the globe.
- Represented clients in development and services agreement for the development of various mission critical technologies for their use in different industries, including platform technology, applications and websites.
- Represented multiple clients in the creation of their template agreements for selling both on premises and SaaS solutions, including ancillary maintenance and hosting terms.
- Represented multiple clients in purchasing under supply agreements for various types of products, including consumer good and medical devices.
- Represented multiple clients in the creation of their template agreements for purchasing various products and services.
- Represented multiple clients who are licensors of technology and/or intellectual property rights including patents, know-how and copyright, including for food products, medical device and drug technologies, financial services, and other technologies.
- Represented clients in selling under supply agreements for various types of products including consumer goods and medical devices.
- Represented clients who are contracting with distributors and sales representatives to sell their products/services.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Creative Industries
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising
Professional & Civic
- Honorary Consul of Brazil in Minnesota (Aug 2017 – Present)
- Director and Founder of the Brazil Minnesota Chamber of Commerce (Oct 2015 – Present)
- Immigration Policy Advisor for Congressman Dean Phillips (Aug 2019 – Jan 2021)
- Treasurer of the International Business Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association (Jun 2018 – Jun 2020)
- American Heart Association Ambassador (Jun 2013 – Jun 2016)