Paul is a Senior Attorney in the Corporate Group in Dorsey’s Salt Lake City Office. He assists clients achieve their strategic goals by guiding them through the process of raising equity, making strategic acquisitions or divestitures, structuring executive compensation, starting new businesses and navigating securities law issues. He also has experience in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy matters.
Paul has represented both emerging companies and public companies. A significant portion of his experience involves work for clients in the technology and healthcare industries.
Education & Admissions
Brigham Young University (B.S., 2006), cum laude
Brigham Young University (Masters of Information Systems Management, 2006), summa cum laude
University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 2010), with Highest Distinction, Order of the Coif
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- Represented privately held LLC in the $15.8 million sale of its members’ interests in the LLC to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a privately held corporation in structuring numerous strategic acquisitions across the country.
- Represented a private equity fund in executing on its strategy to raise additional equity for future investment.
- Represented a privately held LLC in a company restructuring to facilitate financing and employee compensation.
- Represented client in restructuring its executive compensation arrangements to facilitate the client’s rapid growth and enable it to meet its strategic objectives.
- Represented a professional organization in amending and restating its governing documents to facilitate its strategic objectives and reorder the relationship among partners.
- Represented a strategic purchaser to acquire the assets of two separate entities in the internet marketing industry.
- Represented a privately held entity to prepare for and effectuate an initial public offering.
- Represented various emerging companies through their formation process and setting up executive compensation plans.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity