Jack is an associate attorney in Dorsey’s Trial Group, and represents clients in the food, agriculture, and financial services industries in securities litigation, government investigations, corporate governance disputes, advisor fee litigation, disputes pertaining to mergers and acquisitions, director and fiduciary liability cases, and commercial contract disputes. Through this work, Jack manages all aspects of litigation and has extensive experience with civil motion practice and complex discovery.
Jack draws upon his experience in each of the three branches of government to develop creative solutions for his clients. Before joining Dorsey, Jack worked as a staffer on Capitol Hill, and advised members of Congress in both the Senate and House on legislative and regulatory matters, with a focus on agriculture, transportation, and trade issues. Jack also worked in the executive branch at the United States Department of Agriculture, where he served on the staff of the Under Secretary for Rural Development and assisted in administering rural housing, water, electric, energy, and telecommunications programs for the Department. Immediately prior to starting his practice at Dorsey, Jack served as a law clerk in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Jack maintains an active pro bono practice, and has represented tribal members in disputes pertaining to the taxation of land on tribal reservations and low-income clients before state housing court. Jack is also a member of Dorsey’s Lower Sioux Indian Child Welfare Team, which represents native children in child protection cases in Minnesota state courts.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2017), magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Wisconsin Law Review, Samson Fellow
Johns Hopkins University (M.A., 2011), cum laude
Marquette University (B.A., 2009), cum laude, Alpha Sigma Nu
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Honorable Hildy Bowbeer, 2017-2018
- Represented CEO and CFO of publicly traded company in putative shareholder class action lawsuit alleging securities fraud under § 10 of the Securities Exchange Act in connection with a corporate acquisition. Obtained complete dismissal of all claims at the pleadings stage.
- Represented health care executive against claims of insider trading and trade secret misappropriation. Directed settlement negotiations resulting in release of all claims and seven-figure award to client for counterclaims.
- Represented financial services executives in government investigation pertaining to the alleged misuse of corporate assets.
- Represented investment bank in dispute regarding unpaid transaction fee for private placement of equity and debt restructuring. Prepared mediation strategy that resulted in seven-figure settlement award in client’s favor.
- Represented agricultural cooperative in dispute pertaining to nine-figure agreement to develop a large-scale bio-manufacturing facility. Successfully moved for a temporary restraining order preventing opposing party from abandoning agreement.
- Represented directors in putative shareholder class action asserting claims for minority shareholder oppression and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented agriculture cooperative in breach of contract dispute with supplier.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Healthcare Litigation
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Tax Controversy & Litigation
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
Professional & Civic
- Policy Fellow, University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 2020-2021
- Board Member, American Constitution Society, Minneapolis-St Paul Lawyer’s Chapter
- Legal Ethics Fellow, Fellowship at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE), 2016
- Political Partner, Truman National Security Project, 2014