Kiley offers comprehensive estate and wealth planning strategies for individuals and multigenerational families, by assisting them with navigating the ever-changing tax landscape and implementing creative and customized estate planning techniques. In doing this, Kiley takes the time to understand her client’s unique needs and goals to ensure that her clients will not only have a legally sound and tax efficient estate plan, but will also have the peace of mind in knowing that their plan was personally tailored and thoughtfully designed.
Kiley also has extensive experience in lifetime and post-death estate and trust administration, including representation of individual and corporate fiduciaries, and individual and charitable trust beneficiaries. As a former trust advisor at a preeminent global financial institution, Kiley understands the complex legal and tax rules and administrative duties while acting in a fiduciary capacity and can provide her clients with effective representation in understanding fiduciary responsibilities, tax, and related matters, and, when needed, advocacy in disputes involving trusts or estates.
News & Resources
December 21, 2017
- Co-Author, “When is an IRA not an IRA?,” column in Minnesota Lawyer, October 2014
- Presenter, “What Professional Fiduciaries Would Like Attorneys to Consider When Drafting Trusts,” 2021 Strategic Trust Planning and Administration – Beyond the Basics
- Presenter, “Trust Officer Panel,” 2021 Probate and Trust La w Section Conference
- Presenter, “New Lawyer Panel,” 2015 and 2016 Probate and Trust Law Section Conference
- Co-Presenter, “Karon Waivers: New Developments in the Wake of Gossman,” 2015 Minnesota Family Law Institute
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Non-Profit & Tax Exempt Organizations
- Trusts & Estates
- Trusts & Estates Litigation