TIM PROVIDES CLIENTS WITH PRACTICAL ADVICE AND SOLUTIONS WHEN RAISING CAPITAL, BUYING AND SELLING BUSINESSES AND NAVIGATING COMPLEX CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS.
Tim has over 30 years of experience in securities and general corporate law, particularly as they relate to micro and small cap public companies, providing advice to boards of directors and management on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues, and public and private offerings of debt and equity. In his career, Tim has also represented underwriters, placement agents, investment partnerships, real estate investment trusts and venture capital investors in various transactions.
Tim has also served in several leadership roles at Dorsey and is currently the firm’s General Counsel and Secretary to the firm’s Policy Committee.
Tim is a frequent speaker at seminars and client events on corporate compliance, SEC disclosure and other corporate and securities law topics.
- Represented EnteroMedics, Inc. in multiple securities offerings including PIPE, at-the-market, registered direct and confidentially marketed public offerings
- Represented LecTec Corporation in complex business combination with AxoGen Corporation
- Represented Synovis Life Technologies, Inc. in $325 million cash acquisition by Baxter International Inc.
- Represented ATS Medical, Inc. in $370 million cash acquisition by Medtronic Inc.
- Represented Osteotech, Inc. in $123 million cash acquisition by Medtronic Inc.
- Represented RightNow Technologies, Inc. in $1.5 billion cash acquisition by Oracle Corporation
- Represented Pemstar, Inc. in $300 million stock-for-stock acquisition by Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
- Represented Synovis Life Technologies, Inc. in $29.5 million acquisition of interventional business assets by Heraeus, S.A.
- Represented MGI PHARMA, Inc. in $177 million cash and stock acquisition of Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Represented MGI PHARMA, Inc. in $348 million Rule 144A offering of Senior Subordinated Convertible Notes
- Represented Curative Health Services, Inc. in $185 million Rule 144A offering of 10¾% Senior Notes
- Represented ATS Medical, Inc. in $22.4 million placement of 6% Convertible Senior Notes.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Co-Chair for Annual Proxy Season “Hot Topics” Presentation for Clients, Dorsey U, January 2005 - 2015
- Moderator, "Creative Funding Options - Follow the Money," LifeScience Alley Conference and Expo, December 2009
- Panel Member, "Accounting Judgments, Estimates and Restatements: Implications for Audit Committee Oversight," KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable, December 2005
- Panel Member, "Enhancing Oversight of Internal Control Over Financial Reporting," KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable, May 2005
- Panel Member, "Contract Drafting: Representations and Warranties," Dorsey U, April 2004
- Panel Member, "Contract Boilerplate Provisions: Out of the Boilerplate into the Fire," Dorsey U, July 2003
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Member, Board of Directors of World Voices chorale 2004-2009
- Member, Board of Directors of Special Olympics Minnesota, Inc. 1998-2004
- Served as Corporate Secretary of ZEOS International, Ltd. 1994-1995
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association and Hennepin County Bar Association
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2012-2016
- Listed as a Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2012-2016
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-2019
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2017
- Named a Best Lawyers' Lawyer of the Year, Securities/Capital Markets, 2017