Brad helps technology companies protect their intellectual property.
Brad helps clients strategically consider their technology, business goals, and markets to craft IP protection strategies that make sense in terms of their stage and budget. These strategies include collaboratively developing and managing U.S. and worldwide portfolios of patent and trademark registrations, providing pre-market product design clearance, analyzing potential acquisition portfolios, and negotiating technology licensing agreements. He also often assists in providing patent expertise and analysis in litigation or administrative actions when clients find themselves accused of infringement or determine it necessary to enforce their patents.
In addition to a large consumer products practice, Brad particularly enjoys working with clean/green technologies and medical devices. He also has significant experience with telecom, computer, and software patent protection, including representation of Fortune 500 companies in these fields. Brad has also developed particular niche experience in industrial design protection.
Education & Admissions
University of Colorado, Boulder (J.D., 1998)
University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A., 1991), Boettcher Scholar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, The Honorable John L. Kane, Jr., 1998-1998
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- "The New EU Unitary Patent & Unified Patent Court: Strategic Considerations for US Applicants/Patentees," American Bar Association, May 28, 2015
Industries & Practices
- Electric Power
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising