Jill specializes in complex commercial litigation, emphasizing in contract disputes, business torts, and unfair competition. Jill represents clients in federal and state courts as well as domestic and international arbitrations. Jill litigates tenaciously from start to finish, maintaining her focus on her clients’ goals. With an emphasis in appellate litigation, Jill adeptly handles clients’ appeals.
Education & Admissions
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), School of Law (J.D., 2008)
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., High Honors, 2005), Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Business Trial and Litigation
- Defended corporation and officers in breach of contract and fraud actions in multiple interrelated lawsuits in federal and state court, including five-week jury trial; filed successful motion in limine capping damages at less than one-tenth of those sought by plaintiff.
- Defended corporation in interrelated actions involving complex fraudulent conveyance claims, including multiple appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in guarantor action brought on behalf of bank.
- Defended corporation in breach of contract action; filed motion for summary judgment, prompting plaintiff to voluntarily dismiss action.
- Obtained numerous victories at the pleadings stage, including demurrers, motions to dismiss, and anti-SLAPP motions.
- Obtained several appellate victories for clients under anti-SLAPP statute.
- Obtained appellate victory in unfair competition and antitrust action.
- Represented appellants in multiple interrelated appeals relating to confirmation of arbitration award.
- Represented client in fraudulent conveyance action involving multiple interrelated appeals.
- Represented clients in appeal involving unfair competition statutes.
- Represented investors in real estate venture in several interrelated disputes, including international arbitration, lawsuits in multiple state courts, and multiple related appeals.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Products Liability