As one of the first attorneys to be named a Real Property Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, his work includes serving as counsel for developers of expansive multi-use development projects, purchasers of office space in the local downtown east stadium redevelopment project, and scores of office, retail, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects. He has handled numerous 1031 exchanges, leasebacks, bondable leases and tax-increment financings for apartment complexes, downtown office buildings, suburban hotels, medical office and manufacturing facilities, single-family and multi-family housing developments, cooperatives, landfills, shopping centers, office parks, mixed-use developments and telecom hotels.
LB has been active in pro bono work over his entire career, including more than 30 years of service on the Volunteer Lawyer Panel of Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc.
- Counsel for the developer and landlord of 212,000 sq. ft. of office space located at INOVA Dry Creek in Centennial Colorado.
- Counsel for end user (buyer) of the 1,000,000 sq. ft. downtown east mixed use/office development.
- Counsel for the developer of the 250,000 – 300,000 sq. ft. build-to-suit North Loop office development (“Be The Match” Building).
- Real Estate Counsel for $450,000,000 portion of over $1.2B financing of a $1.9B iron mine project.
- Counsel for the developer of approximately 2,400,000 sq. ft., seven building, industrial park at the former Stapleton Airport, Denver, CO.
- Counsel for the developer of Centennial Lakes, a nationally awarded 100 acre multi-use in fill development spanning 13 years.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate & Land Use
Professional & Civic
- Certified Real Property Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyer, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- Volunteer, Housing/Development Committee of Project for Pride In Living, Inc.
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Real Estate), 2007-2019
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2006-2020
- Listed as a Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2003-2019
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2017-2018
- Recognized as a Leading Minnesota Attorney by American Research Corporation
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer, 2009