In his counseling practice, Richard regularly works with employers to develop workplace practices and policies designed to enhance employee relations and avoid claims. He also helps companies with workplace investigations, audits, and training on such topics as harassment, discrimination, wage and hour compliance, and whistleblowing - both in English and Spanish.
As a litigator, Richard represents employers in single and multi-plaintiff actions in state and federal court, as well as arbitration. He also helps employers respond to charges and audits before various administrative agencies.
Education & Admissions
University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2008)
Rollins College (B.A., 2003), cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Frequent speaker on workplace topics before various trade and professional organizations, including local and state-wide chapters of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Industries & Practices
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Labor & Employment
Professional & Civic
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association – Vice President (2019-2020); Treasurer (2018-2019); Board Member (2016-2018)
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice – Emerging Leaders Group