Dan focuses on commercial real estate law and real estate finance law, advising clients on acquisitions, dispositions, mortgage financing, foreclosures, leasing, development (including wind and solar energy development), and title due diligence. Before practicing law, Dan built a career spanning nearly 10 years in 3M Company's Finance Division, gaining experience in the areas of banking, credit management, and accounting.
Dan also dedicates his time and talent to benefit the legal profession and the commercial real estate industry. He served on the board of directors for the Hennepin County Bar Association for seven years, working on a range of issues affecting the legal community and its stakeholders. He previously served on the Executive Council and the Assembly of the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA), and was the Chair of the MSBA’s New Lawyers’ Section. He is an active member of the Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA), where he has served on the MSCA's board of directors and on various MSCA committees.
Dan is a board certified real property law specialist. He was a partner at Lindquist & Vennum LLP, where he practiced law for nearly a decade.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Development & Infrastructure
- Real Estate & Land Use
Professional & Civic
- Hennepin County Bar Association, At-Large Director, 2011-2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Former Section Chair and Executive Council Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Delegation Member, traveling to Havana, Cuba to study the Cuban justice system, 2011
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, At-Large Director, 2012-2015
- William Mitchell College of Law, Mentor, 2004-2008
- Minnesota Shopping Center Association, Director, 2011-2014
- University of Minnesota civil-rights moot court competition, Volunteer Judge 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012