GENNA GARVER WORKS CLOSELY WITH CLIENTS TO UNDERSTAND THEIR UNIQUE NEEDS AND GUIDE THEM THROUGH THE COMPLEX MAZE OF INVESTMENT REGULATION.
Genna takes pride in the close personal attention she provides when advising investment management clients in connection with federal and state securities laws, private fund formation and securities offerings. She has extensive experience representing financial institutions in transactional and regulatory matters. She focuses on representing investment advisers, hedge funds and other private investment funds implementing various investment strategies.
Genna advises clients on: formation and offering matters for both domestic and offshore funds; SEC and state investment adviser, broker-dealer and private fund regulation; Investment Advisers Act registration and compliance programs; and mock audits and regulatory examinations and investigations.
Genna is a Partner in Dorsey’s Corporate Group and chairs the Investment Management practice.
- Presenter, The Knowledge Group's "SEC Rule 204A-1: Personal Securities Trading, Ethics and Compliance," February 26, 2016
- Webinar Playback: Second Annual Federal Enforcement Forum, February 24, 2016
- Presenter, The Knowledge Group’s Hot Topics For Private Fund Managers, September 10, 2015
- Moderator, "Operating Hedge Funds in the New World Order," 100 Women in Hedge Funds, October 3, 2011
- Panelist, 9th Annual Family Office Symposium, October 5-6, 2010
- Panelist, "The Volcker Rule: A Brave New World for Financial Institutions," August 24, 2010
- Panelist, "Private Adviser Registration and Regulation," August 18, 2010
- Panelist, "Financial Regulatory Reform - Heightened Regulation and Dissolution of Systemically Risky Institutions," 100 Women in Hedge Funds, May 18, 2010
- Panelist, "Hedge Fund Regulation - Where Do We Go From Here?" 100 Women in Hedge Funds, October 7, 2009
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Private Equity
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- Member, 100 Women in Hedge Funds Scholarship Committee, 2010-Present
- Member, National Society of Compliance Professionals, 2010-Present
- Member, 7 Degrees of Women in Finance
- Member, Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
- Board Member, St. Luke’s School Alumni Association (2012-Present)
- Ski Team Member, Connecticut Industrial Ski Counsel (2011-Present)
- Alumni Admissions Volunteer, Bowdoin College (2009-Present)