Kim assist clients in a diverse range of industries resolve complex commercial disputes.
As a senior associate in the Trial Group, Kim has broad experience representing clients in disputes involving trademark and copyright issues, as well as in matters involving securities and complex commercial transactions. Kim has experience representing clients in federal and state courts, as well as before arbitral tribunals. Additionally, Kim has experience defending clients facing scrutiny by, and engaged in litigation with, the SEC, CFTC, CFPB, and DOJ. She has helped advise both domestic and foreign clients in complying with U.S. securities regulations and also has experience drafting and reviewing companies’ compliance policies.
- Represented apparel manufacturers in copyright infringement litigation.
- Represented craft beer brewery in trademark dispute.
- Represented e-commerce technology company in contract dispute.
- Represented company facing scrutiny by FTC regarding telemarketing practices.
- Represented individual being sued by SEC for fraud.
- Assisted companies in responding to CIDs issued by the DOJ and CFPB.
- Represented companies being investigated by FTC and SEC post-data breach.
- Represented individuals and companies investigated by the SEC, CFTC, and FTC.
News & Resources
June 11, 2021
"Consumer Protection in the New Economy: Privacy Cases in E-Commerce Transactions or Social Media Activities," Conference on Consumer Finance Law (Volume 73, Number 1)
December 6, 2018
November 8, 2018
October 5, 2018
September 20, 2018
September 18, 2018
September 6, 2018
August 6, 2018
July 11, 2018
June 7, 2018
Co-author, "Practical Compliance Considerations for Cross Border Marketing," The National Society of Compliance Professionals Currents
May 7, 2018
April 5, 2018
March 8, 2018
February 8, 2018
January 9, 2018
December 6, 2017
November 2, 2017
October 26, 2017
October 5, 2017
September 7, 2017
August 14, 2017
August 3, 2017
July 6, 2017
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Anti-Corruption Group
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Investment Management
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement