Penni counsels individuals and organizations of all sizes on simple to complex matters related to employment-based and family-based immigration, including non-immigrant visas (B, E, H, L, R), immigrant visa petitions (I-130, I-140, I-360), immigrant visa processing and adjustment of status (I-485, I-765 removal of conditions).
Penni also has extensive experience advising on citizenship and naturalization matters (including ‘fast track’ naturalization pursuant to INA Section 319(b)) and strategies to retain U.S. permanent resident status for those pursuing opportunities abroad.
Education & Admissions
Hamline University School of Law (J.D., 2004),
- Dean’s Honor Roll (2003, Spring 2004)
- Associate, Journal of Public Law and Policy (2003-2004)
- Minnesota Justice Foundation Pro Bono Service Award
Bethel University (B.A., Anthropology, Third World Studies, 2000)
- District of Columbia
- Minnesota Ninth Judicial District Court, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Zimmerman, 2004-2005
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Immigration, Refugees, and Faith,” University of Lynchburg, October 25, 2019
Industries & Practices
- Labor & Employment