Anna’s work includes a wide range of real property, construction, healthcare, environmental, and other business disputes, as well as immigration appeals. She practices in state and federal courts in addition to arbitral forums, drawing valuable perspective from her experience as an appellate judicial clerk.
Anna maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on immigration and international human rights.
- Secured H-1B visa through litigation following arbitrary and capricious denial by administrative agency. (D. Minn. 2020)
- Preserved dismissal of claims against public officials on the basis of taxpayer standing. (Minn. App. 2020, review denied)
- Defend pharmacy benefits manager in putative class action alleging ERISA violations. (D. Minn)
- Represent commercial landlords in disputes arising in various jurisdictions across the United States.
- Represent healthcare payors in arbitration to secure payment despite fraudulent and abusive billing practices.
- Defended employer in harassment-related claim, prevailing on summary judgment where former employee failed to report alleged conduct by supervisor and employer exercised reasonable care in seeking to create a safe work environment. (Minn. Dist. Ct. 2017)
- Achieved direct reversal for trustee on appeal regarding improper application of trust language. (Minn. App. 2017, review denied)
- Represented partnership in pursuing expulsion of adverse partner and arbitration of multi-million-dollar buyout.
- Represented agricultural land purchaser in litigation and mediation to salvage purchase agreement and resolve disputed drainage easement. (Minn. Dist. Ct. 2017)
- Won attorney fees for lender against frivolous litigant. (Minn. Dist. Ct. 2017)
- Represented wrongfully deported permanent resident in successful appeal to the United States Supreme Court. (Mellouli v. Lynch, 2015)
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Local Collaboration Shapes National Policy: Mellouli v. Lynch (Hennepin Lawyer, July/Aug 2016)
- Presenter "Running the Long Emergency: Sources and Limits of Executive Power over Minnesota Business in the Time of COVID-19," Dorsey & Whitney LLP, June 2020
- Presenter "Negotiating Contracts & Leases When the Unexpected Hits: a Conversation with LegalCORPS," Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, June 2020
- Presenter "Litigating Employment-Based Immigration Cases: The New Essential Tool," American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) 2020 Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference
- I-9 Compliance & Immigration Basics for Agricultural Employers (CLE presented in collaboration with the Minnesota State Bar Association, December 2018)
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
Professional & Civic
- Member of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid board of directors (2016-2018)
- Asylum triage and representation at credible-fear interviews through CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project in Dilley, Texas (April 2017)
- Pro bono representation in asylum, naturalization, and various forms of humanitarian immigration relief