Anna’s work includes a wide range of healthcare, securities, environmental, real property, construction and other business disputes, as well as immigration appeals. She practices in state and federal courts in addition to arbitral forums, drawing valuable perspective from her experience as an appellate judicial clerk.
Anna maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on international human rights.
- Defended employer in harassment-related claim, prevailing on summary judgment where former employee failed to report alleged conduct by supervisor and employer exercised reasonable care in seeking to create a safe work environment.
- Achieved direct reversal for trustee at the Minnesota Court of Appeals regarding improper application of trust language.
- Represented partnership in pursuing expulsion of adverse partner and arbitration of multi-million-dollar buyout.
- Represented agricultural land purchaser in litigation and mediation to salvage purchase agreement and resolve disputed drainage easement.
- Won attorney fees for lender against frivolous litigant.
- Represented wrongfully deported permanent resident in successful appeal to the United States Supreme Court.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- I-9 Compliance & Immigration Basics for Agricultural Employers (CLE presented in collaboration with the Minnesota State Bar Association, December 2018)
- Local Collaboration Shapes National Policy: Mellouli v. Lynch (Hennepin Lawyer, July/Aug 2016)
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
Professional & Civic
- Member of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid board of directors (2016-2018)
- Asylum triage and representation at credible-fear interviews through CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project in Dilley, Texas (April 2017)
- Pro bono representation in asylum, naturalization, and various forms of humanitarian immigration relief