Anna is an associate in our commercial litigation group. Her diverse practice includes commercial, environmental, real property, probate, construction, employment, and insurance disputes. She litigates in state and federal courts, drawing valuable perspective from her experience as an appellate judicial clerk.
Anna maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on immigration and human rights.
- Defended employer in harassment-related claim, prevailing on summary judgment where former employee failed to report alleged conduct by supervisor and employer exercised reasonable care in seeking to create a safe work environment.
- Achieved direct reversal for trustee at the Minnesota Court of Appeals regarding improper application of trust language.
- Represented partnership in pursuing expulsion of adverse partner and arbitration of multi-million-dollar buyout.
- Represented agricultural land purchaser in litigation and mediation to salvage purchase agreement and resolve disputed drainage easement.
- Won attorney fees for lender against frivolous litigant.
- Represented wrongfully deported permanent resident in successful appeal to the United States Supreme Court.
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Labor & Employment
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
Professional & Civic
- Member of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid board of directors (2016-2018)
- Asylum triage and representation at credible-fear interviews through CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project in Dilley, Texas (April 2017)
- Pro bono representation in asylum, naturalization, and various forms of humanitarian immigration relief