TED IS A GENERAL CORPORATE ATTORNEY WITH BROAD EXPERIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE FINANCE AND MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS MATTERS, INCLUDING REPRESENTATIONS INVOLVING PUBLIC AND PRIVATE OFFERINGS OF DEBT, EQUITY AND HYBRID SECURITIES AND PRIVATE AND PUBLIC COMPANY M&A TRANSACTIONS.
Ted also is experienced in going private and going dark transactions as well as representations of Boards of Directors and special committees in M&A and conflict situations in addition to general corporate and compliance representations. Ted has substantial international experience in Europe, Asia and Latin America with particular country experience in China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Russia and the United Kingdom. In addition to working on over 150 significant capital markets transactions, Ted has also been active in transactions involving corporate and high-yield debt restructuring work, representing bondholders, issuers, bondholder committees, collateral agents and trustees. Such restructuring work has included public and private, domestic and cross border exchange offers, consent solicitations, indenture amendments and new money issuances for troubled debt restructurings.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to the property fund of the Russian Federal Government in the privatization and initial public offering of LUKoil on the London Stock Exchange.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to Daimler-Benz Aktiengesellschaft, a German company, in connection with numerous financings, including its registered public offering of approximately DM1.0 billion principal amount of 5¾% Subordinated Mandatory Convertible Notes, including rights to purchase such Notes and ADNs and Deutsche Mark book-entry securities representing such Notes.
- Acted as U.S. counsel to a large international beverage company and its subsidiaries in connection with its US$3.0 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme and annual updates thereof and as U.S. counsel to Banco Comercial Português, S.A. in connection with annual updates of its €25.0 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
- Acted as U.S. and international counsel to underwriters in numerous Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings by Indian issuers, including government of India privatization transactions as well as corporate transactions for large Indian companies.
- Worked on strategic investments in Russian oil and telecommunications assets, including VimpelCom.
- Acted as counsel to buyer or seller in numerous cross-border M&A and joint venture transactions in the telecommunications, auto parts, pharmaceutical, energy, insurance, mining, airline and other industries.
- Acted as counsel to Noteholders in connection with the restructuring of a $125 million high yield Note issue by Anker Coal Company, including private issuance of New Notes and Warrants and a private exchange offer. This transaction ultimately enabled WL Ross & Co. to acquire Anker Coal.
- Acted as counsel to Bank Mizuho Indonesia in connection with the Asia Pulp & Paper restructuring and litigation which involved APP's repudiation of $1.0 billion of high yield secured bonds for which Mizuho acted as Collateral Agent.
- Assisted as counsel to Western Union in connection with its multi-year corporate restructuring, asset sales, exchange offers, indenture amendments and insolvency proceedings as well as the sale of the company to First Financial Management Corporation.
- Acted as counsel to issuer or underwriters in over 150 public offerings and private placements, including numerous initial public offerings, among them Reebok, Wheelabrator Technologies and LUKoil.
- Assisted in the liquidation of the international assets of Reliance Insurance Company, including the auction sale of Moody International Ltd.
- Acted as Counsel to U.S., Canadian and Australian mining companies in numerous financings.
- Acted as counsel to a large European auto parts conglomerate in connection with a number of strategic acquisitions and dispositions.
- Acted as counsel to Airspan Networks Inc. in connection with numerous strategic and private equity investments.
- Counsel to Boards of Directors and special committees in connection with U.S. Exchange Act deregistration, going private and going dark transactions, including for Airspan Networks Inc., Viatel and W.P. Stewart & Co., and numerous China-based issuers.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Emerging Companies
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Private Equity
- Public-Private Partnerships