Bonnie coordinates pro bono services for all Dorsey offices outside Minneapolis. The client, community, attorney and firm all benefit when the right match is made and the pro bono work sparks interest and passion.
For 14 years prior, Bonnie served Dorsey clients as a senior paralegal, evaluating, drafting and revising their key human resources documents in compliance with applicable law. Bonnie also served on Dorsey’s litigation team, assisting in the efficient and cost-effective collection, preservation and management of evidence.
Bonnie is now full-time in her role as Pro Bono Coordinator for the firm.
- Coordinate staffing a variety of pro bono projects with qualified attorneys across offices
- Develop and strengthen relationships with Dorsey attorneys and organizations that refer work to volunteer attorneys to facilitate the best matches between attorney interests and available pro bono projects
- Stay abreast of community needs and pro bono trends by involvement with pro bono coordinators groups and attending relevant conferences and trainings
- Support attorney coordinators in 12 U.S. and 5 foreign offices
- Gather and track pro bono metrics to measure the success of the program
- Drafted numerous separation agreements and related documents for nation-wide reductions in force, including sub-definitions of “group or class” for Chicago-based technology company
- Drafted separation agreements for corporate restructuring for Seattle-based web design company
- Drafted CEO and Vice President agreements for agricultural cooperative, including summary for presentation to Board of Directors
- Assisted California-based retailer with employment policy compliance prior to expanding into Washington State
- Revised handbook and contractor manual for Colorado-based energy company, including review under three jurisdictions
- Managed discovery process and evidence in arbitrations for Fitness International (LA Fitness)
- Managed discovery process and evidence in lawsuit for Target Corp.
- Managed discovery process and evidence in lawsuit for Zillow.com
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Electronic Discovery
- Executive Compensation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Pro Bono
Professional & Civic
- Member, Association of Pro Bono Counsel (ABPCo)
- Member, Lake Washington Human Resources Association (LWHRA)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Certified by the Society for Human Resources Management
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified by the Human Resources Certification Institute