George practices in the area of complex civil litigation including commercial litigation, environmental litigation, civil tort litigation, including the handling of significant products liability, wrongful death and toxic tort litigation (including but not limited to asbestos and anhydrous ammonia wrongful death actions), employment litigation, insurance coverage litigation, and other civil actions.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 1977), cum laude
Board of Editors, Minnesota Law Review, Volume 61
Research Editor 1976-1977, Staff Member 1975-1976, Minnesota Law Review
Legal Writing Instructor, University of Minnesota Law School, 1975-1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth and Second Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Claims
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Has tried a large number of civil cases in diverse subject areas ranging from admiralty to workers’ compensation.
- Has obtained arbitration awards in excess of $35,000,000.00 for clients after a month long complex hearing, and has obtained several multi-million dollar arbitration awards in complex commercial arbitration matters.
- Has obtained several multi-million dollar jury verdicts on behalf of clients, including, but not limited to, a $5,000,000 punitive damages award, and multiple defense verdicts in multi-million dollar cases.
- Has tried to full jury verdict employment, FELA, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, contract, commercial, construction, products liability, real estate, admiralty (an advisory jury), fraud, wrongful death, and personal injury cases, among others, and has handled several cases of first impression before the Supreme Court of Minnesota and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defended URS Corporation in the I-35W bridge collapse cases.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Cooperative Law
- Insurance Law
- Products Liability
- Listed as a Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2002-2015
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-2016
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Litigation: General Commercial), 2010-2015
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- An International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers
- Selected as one of the state’s “Super Lawyers” in 2002-2009 by Minnesota Law & Politics, Twin CitiesBusiness Monthly and St. Paul Magazine
- Selected as one of the Top 40 Business Litigation Super Lawyers in 2006 & 2009 by Minnesota Law & Politics
- Selected as one of the state’s “best and brightest” litigators in the Minnesota Lawyer, 1991
- A Member of the Firm’s Policy Committee (The Firm’s Board of Directors)