KEN DOWNEY FOCUSES HIS PRACTICE ON A WIDE ARRAY OF COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS.
Ken has represented clients in acquiring, developing, leasing, restructuring, financing, and selling retail centers, luxury multifamily communities, office buildings, vacant land, and industrial parks, among others. Ken’s practice includes the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, leases, development agreements, construction agreements, design agreements, leases, easements, restrictive covenants, and other custom documentation.
Ken’s representative matters include:
- Represented a national battery manufacturer in an acquisition of over 200 acres for a manufacturing facility that will support up to 12 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery cell production. The acquisition and proposed development were not only celebrated by Arizona Governor Ducey1 and the City of Buckeye, but also nationally by the President of the United States.2
- Represented an institutional investor in an acquisition of approximately 100 acres for industrial development.
- Represented a national fast-food franchisee in several leases, subleases, and portfolio acquisitions.
- Represented an institutional investor in the bifurcation and condominiumization of an existing ground lease into multi-family apartments and a mixed-use facility.
- Represented a healthcare facility developer in the acquisition, development, condominiumization, and sale of a medical office park.
- Represented national homebuilder in a multi-phased acquisition of over 300 acres for a master planned community, the homebuilder’s then largest acquisition in Arizona.
- Represented a prominent southwest developer in the condominiumization and acquisition of several floors of a 20-story office building as part of a hotel conversion.
- In general, represented several clients in complex transactions, including multi-phased acquisitions, sale-leaseback transactions, a multi-parcel disposition of real property subject to ongoing environmental remediation efforts, advanced title insurance matters, and restructuring existing debt.
1KORE Power Selects Arizona Site for One Million Square Foot “KOREPlex” Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing Facility (azcommerce.com)
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
Development & InfrastructureExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Food, Beverage & AgribusinessExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Franchise & Distribution LawExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Construction & Design
- Development & Infrastructure
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Franchise & Distribution Law
- Real Estate & Land Use