MEGHAN'S PRACTICE INVOLVES COMPLEX BUSINESS LITIGATION, WITH A SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON HEALTHCARE MATTERS.
In addition to representing clients in a broad array of general business lawsuits, Meghan specializes in healthcare litigation – representing health systems, medical clinics, individual providers, insurance companies, telemedicine entities, certification bodies, and professional medical associations. Meghan has successfully assisted corporations and non-profit companies on all sides of legal disputes, and has significant experience addressing international legal issues.
- Numerous Plaintiffs v. Mayo Clinic: Defending Mayo Clinic against allegations of medical malpractice through successful dispositive motions and jury trial verdicts.
- Almont Ambulatory et al v. UnitedHealth Group et al: Representing four UnitedHealth entities and hundreds of national companies in complex litigation related to insurance coverage for lap-band procedures. Claims dismissed by the federal district court and Ninth Circuit.
- Sherr v. HealthEast et al: Representing healthcare system and individual physicians in federal court action arising out of peer review proceedings. Obtained Rule 12 dismissal of antitrust, breach of peer review, and invasion of privacy claims.
- ManorCare v. Trinity Hospital: Defending hospital against contractual and malpractice allegations based on a Hepatitis C outbreak.
- Exeter Hospital v. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists: Defending credentialing organization against allegations of negligence arising out of viral outbreak at plaintiff hospital.
- Multiple Plaintiffs v. Allina Health System: Representing healthcare system against allegations of medical malpractice.
- Numerous Doctors and Nursing Professionals: Representing healthcare providers before their respective professional boards.
- Minnesota Medical Association v. MMIC: Represented plaintiff medical association in $30 million breach of contract action. Successfully resolved just days before trial was set to begin.
- Denson Int'l v. Liberty Diversified International: Represented defendant manufacturer in federal court case alleging theft of trade secrets relating to manufacturing processes in China. Summary judgment granted to defendant upon close of discovery.
- Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan v. Mosaic Potash Esterhazy Limited Partnership: Represented Mosaic in a multi-billion dollar contract dispute involving allegations of negligence and fraudulent concealment.
News & Resources
"Can Academic Materials Written by Physicians Constitute Binding Statements of Medical Institutions?" American Health Lawyers Association
November 13, 2015
State Law Developments: Special Litigation Committees (by Peter Carter and Meghan Lind), Practising Law Institute, Corporate Governance: A Master Class
Hearts on their Sleeves: Symbolic Displays of Emotion by Spectators in Criminal Trials, Northwestern Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
News & Press Mentions
September 12, 2016
June 18, 2016
November 23, 2015
Events & Speaking Engagements
November 14, 2017
- Analysis of Expert Witness Testimony Under Rule 16 (2009)
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP e-Discovery Roundtable Presentations (2010-2012)
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Digital Health
- Electronic Discovery
- Health Care
- Health Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Products Liability
Professional & Civic
- Board Member, Secretary of the Board, and Chair of the Governance Committee, Benilde-St. Margaret's School
- Board Member, Food Rx
- Committee Chair, American Cancer Society Young Professional of the Twin Cities
- Coach, Hamline Law School National Health Law Moot Court Competition
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association, Minnesota State Bar Association Health Law Section, Women's Health Leadership Trust, American Bar Association, Hennepin County Bar Association, Minnesota Bar Association and Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Local liaison, Northwestern Law School