Paul advises clients on a wide range of leveraged finance and general banking matters.
He specialises in acting for senior and mezzanine lenders, borrowers and private equity sponsors on acquisition financings and secured lending transactions. Paul has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating domestic and cross border finance transactions across a variety of industry groups and in the emerging markets. He also has significant experience acting for clients on venture debt transactions.
- Advising a global engineering, repair and logistics company on a $240 million syndicated secured term loan and revolving credit facility
- Advising Bright Foods (the Chinese state owned food group) as borrower on its €119,000,000 secured acquisition finance facility with BNP Paribas and ING Bank in relation to the Salov Group.
- Advising MVC Capital as sponsor on the refinancing of a £13,000,000 secured facility with RBS.
- Advising the sponsor on a leveraged acquisition financing (with senior and second lien lenders) in excess of $200,000,000 (confidential).
- Advising Sberbank of Russia on the financing and refinancing of a $1,000,000,000 secured syndicated facility to Belaruskali.
- Advising VTB Capital plc on the RUB35,000,000,000 financing and refinancing of a secured syndicated facility to GAZ Group.
- Advising ING and Credit Agricole on a €100,000,000 ECA backed financing for a project in Spain guaranteed by Repsol and SK Lubricants.
- Advising Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs on a $120,000,000 secured cross-border leverage grade facility to US and Cypriot technology company borrowers.
- Advising a telecoms borrower on a $500,000,000 revolving credit facility arranged by a syndicate of European banks.
- Advising Sberbank of Russia on the financing and refinancing of $100,000,000 and $200,000,000 secured syndicated facilities with Petropavlovsk plc.
- Advising Korea Development Bank on the restructuring and new issuance in relation to a $500,000,000 bond issue.
- Advising Sberbank of Russia on two separate secured facilities totalling around $600,000,000 to Russian borrowers for the refinancing of existing indebtedness and the financing of a real estate portfolio.
- Advising the creditors committee in connection with the restructuring of the financial indebtedness of Celsa "Huta Ostrowiec" Sp. z.o.o. and its subsidiaries, a Polish steel manufacturer.
- Advising a range of technology company clients on venture debt transactions with Silicon Valley Bank, Octopus Investments, Triplepoint Capital and Kreos.
- Advising various financiers including banks, tax funds and hedge funds, on secured lending and complex multi-party film financing transactions.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
October 19, 2017
October 6, 2017
September 20, 2016
September 15, 2016
January 22, 2016
Industries & Practices
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Foreign Bank Representation
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Project Development & Finance