Christopher A. DeLong
CHRIS LEVERAGES HIS PRAGMATIC APPROACH TO PROBLEM SOLVING TO HELP CLIENTS NAVIGATE COMPLEX CIVIL ITIGATION, GOVERNMENT ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS, GOVERNMENT CONTRACT DISPUTES, AND FALSE CLAIMS ACT LITIGATION.
Chris is an associate in Dorsey’s Government Enforcement and Corporate Investigations Group. In his practice, Chris represents clients in government contract disputes, government enforcement actions, qui tam actions under the False Claims Act, corporate investigations, fraud and securities litigation, and other commercial disputes. Chris’s experiences as a judicial law clerk and as a US Marine give him a unique insight into the practical workings of government and the need to improvise and work with the resources you have.
Chris is also committed to pro bono work and represents clients with criminal appeals in the Minnesota appellate courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and appeals of denials of veteran’s benefits before the Board of Veteran’s Appeals and the Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims.
Before joining Dorsey, Chris clerked for Justice G. Barry Anderson of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Chris is also a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, serving from 2007 to 2012 as a Korean Cryptologic Linguist.
Education & Admissions
New York Law School (Juris Doctor, 2017), summa cum laude
Golden Gate University (Business, 2014), magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Justice G. Barry Anderson, 2017-2018
- Represented Medicaid managed care organization on appeal and succeeded in reversing district court order to re-bid the contracts and to award a contract to one of the disappointed bidders
- Represented regional hospital system in defense against qui tam action brought under the False Claims Act.
- Represented software company in intervention against bid protest related to contract award from the Veteran’s Benefits Administration.
- Defended property management company in dispute with landowner and secured favorable settlement.
- Defended resort operator and secured favorable settlement in dispute with former investor.
- Secured favorable settlement for dairy cooperative in dispute with secured creditor of a farmer-owner.
- Obtained favorable ruling for defendant insurance company in dispute in which plaintiff making underinsured motorist claim refused examination of alleged neurophysiological injuries and where the damages sought potentially exceeded a million dollars.
- Secured favorable settlement for defendant environmental technology company in commercial dispute with plaintiff electrical contractor.
- Secured favorable settlement for out-of-state plaintiff farm operator in commercial dispute with agricultural equipment dealer.
Before joining Dorsey, Chris was a litigation associate at a law firm in Mankato, Minnesota. Chris’s litigation experience may have occurred during his association with that previous firm.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Government Contracts Counseling & LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Government Enforcement & Corporate InvestigationsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Healthcare Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation