Cathy’s practice is multidimensional with a strong focus on trademarks, including:
- Domestic and international trademark clearance and availability opinions.
- Trademark prosecution and maintenance, both domestic and international.
- Policing and enforcing trademark rights, including domestic and international trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Strategic advise for protecting and enforcing clients’ trademark rights on an international basis.
- Trademark licensing.
- Utilizing a broad range of experience in counseling clients in a wide variety of industries, including banking, medical products, retail, hotels, health care services, and consumer products.
- Applying her significant experience in due diligence investigation in mergers & acquisitions to ensure that Dorsey’s clients’ rights and interests are protected.
Cathy’s clients appreciate her business acumen and her practicality. Cathy particularly enjoys helping clients by giving advice that moves them forward efficiently and effectively to their business objectives.
Cathy is a contributor to Dorsey’s critically-acclaimed IP Blog, TheTMCA.com, which focuses on legal developments in the world of TradeMarks, Copyrights, and Advertising. TheTMCA.com was named one of the “Top 50” law blogs by the ABA Journal in 2017.
Cathy works on a number of different matters in a given day, and particularly enjoys:
- Overcoming difficult Office Actions issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Guiding clients on selecting and registering trademarks.
- Working on transactional matters, researching the intellectual property in the transaction and perfecting the transfer of ownership.
- Working with clients to develop a brand strategy and particularly expanding trademark rights outside of the United States.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “Searching to Avoid Disaster,” – Trademark World Magazine, April 2010
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Creative Industries
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising