Cathy's practice is multidimensional -- with an emphasis on trademarks -- including:
- Global trademark clearance and availability opinions.
- Global trademark prosecution and maintenance.
- Policing and enforcing trademark rights, including global trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Strategic advice for protecting and enforcing clients' trademark rights on a global basis.
- Trademark licensing.
- Trademark Coexistence Agreements.
- Applying a broad range of experience in counseling clients in a wide variety of industries, including banking and financial entities, medical products, retail, hotels, health care services, and consumer products.
- Utilizing significant experience in due diligence investigations in mergers & acquisitions to ensure that Dorsey's clients' rights and interests are protected.
Cathy's clients appreciate her business acumen and problem-solving skills. In turn, Cathy appreciates the opportunity to provide her clients with paths to their business objectives and enjoys watching them succeed!
Cathy is a contributor to Dorsey's critically-acclaimed IP Blog, TheTMCA.com, which focuses on legal developments in the world of TradeMarks, Copyrights, and Advertising. TheTMCA.com was named one of the "Top 50" law blogs by the ABA Journal in 2017.
- Working with clients on Rebranding Initiatives on a Global Basis
- Overcoming Office Actions issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Closely collaborating with global trademark counsel to meet client trademark portfolio objectives
- Reviewing and providing feedback to clients on proposed product packaging and related advertising and promotional materials for products and services
- Working on transactional matters, researching the intellectual property in the transaction and perfecting the transfer of ownership
- Identifying the potential for and obtaining registered copyright protection for clients
- Engaging with clients to discuss their objectives at a high level and building a road to meet those objectives
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “Searching to Avoid Disaster,” – Trademark World Magazine, April 2010
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Creative Industries
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark & Copyright