GINA TEAMS WITH CLIENTS TO BUILD PATENT PORTFOLIOS STRATEGICALLY, REDUCE INFRINGEMENT RISK EFFECTIVELY, AND RESOLVE INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS EXPEDITIOUSLY.
Gina counsels clients on all legal issues related to patents, including procuring patents, asserting patents to stop infringement and counterfeiting, and defending against patent infringement accusations. Gina helps clients build strong patent portfolios by outlining filing strategies that consider U.S. and foreign rights, taking into account various types of protection options, such as utility and design rights, leading invention harvesting sessions, and considering creative solutions for IP protection.
As a former Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Gina uses her inside knowledge to help clients effectively compress the prosecution process and reduce costs.
Gina’s practice involves a broad range of technologies including all types of consumer product devices, electrical circuits, mechanical devices, semiconductor devices, computer graphics, software applications, and electrical devices such as image sensors, haptic feedback devices, data transmission structures, displays, and batteries. With a general engineering undergraduate degree with a specialty in electrical engineering from Colorado School of Mines, Gina understands the technical aspects of each component of a system, from the gearing and linkage, to the operating system, graphical user interface, and processing elements running the system.
Gina also assists clients in business decisions associated with third-party patents, including inter partes review at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, opinions of non-infringement and validity, portfolio analysis, landscape analysis, and due diligence. Gina works closely with our China practice to detect and shut down third party infringers and knock-off products.
Education & Admissions
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2009), summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Ares Fellowship
Colorado School of Mines (B.S., Engineering, Speciality in Electrical Engineering, 2005), President’s Senior Scholar Athlete Award; Dean’s List; Hall of Fame – Women’s Basketball
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Arizona Pima County Superior Court, Honorable Judge Bernini, 2004-2004
- Filed inter partes review petitions challenging patents asserted in patent infringement suit brought by non-practicing entity against multinational Japanese company.
- Battle Toys, LLC. v. LEGO Systems, Inc. (D. Del) – Defended toy company LEGO and obtained Consent Judgment of Non-Infringement dismissing the case.
Drafted and successfully prosecuted patents in the fields of:
- Fluid connectors and pumps
- Image Sensors
- Digital graphics rendering, display and encoding
- Amusement park attractions
- Window coverings
- Image projectors
- Video games
- Cosmetic accessories
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Clean Technology
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management