MICHAEL HELPS CLIENTS ACHIEVE THE MOST TAX EFFICIENT RESULTS, IN A COMMERCIALLY EFFECTIVE WAY.
Michael is a partner in Dorsey’s Tax Group. Michael is a dual qualified solicitor and a chartered accountant. He has extensive experience in both UK and international tax matters. Michael’s practice spans general corporate tax advice, transactions and corporate tax planning. He has wide experience designing both UK and cross-border tax efficient structures (particularly UK/US tax planning) and share incentive arrangements for both large organizations and startups. Michael’s experience includes a significant amount of M&A transactional work, especially in the technology and digital media areas, and also tax planning advice to entrepreneurs and entities both in the UK and cross-border. In Chambers 2019 Michael is listed as a “Leading Individual” in the area of corporate tax and praised for his “ability to understand the wider issues not just the technical legal ones”. Michael also “receives widespread praise for his corporate tax expertise, particularly his international capabilities.” Clients note that he is "conscientious and would explain the complex areas to us in terms we understood.”
- Advising a number of US corporations on the structuring of a tax efficient reorganisation prior to their listing on AIM, including advice on restructuring their employee share incentive arrangements.
- Acting for Langholm Capital on the financing and acquisition of Tyrells Potato Crisps.
- Advising the management team of Alexander Mann Solutions Ltd . in connection with the sale of the company for US$1.2 billion to OMERS Private Equity.
- Advising the founders of skincare specialist, Dr Organic Ltd, in the sale of the company to the Carlyle Group portfolio company, NBTY Inc, in a transaction valuing Dr Organic at £110m+.
- Advising Quindell Plc on the £640 million sale of its legal services division.
- Advising Communications Test Design, Inc. a global telecoms repair and logistics company, headquartered in Pennsylvania, on its $107m acquisition of the repair services arm of UK quoted, Regenersis PLC.
- Advising Optum Health on its investment in an NHS “Accountable Care Organisation” with a group of GP’s.
- Advising the shareholders of Portland PR on the sale of a majority stake to Omnicom Group.
- Advising a major US/European Group on a tax efficient reorganisation of its European operations.
- Advising on the tax aspects of a number of private company acquisitions and disposals in the technology sector, including pre-sale planning and structuring earn outs.
- Advising a Jersey based private equity fund on the tax efficient structuring of investments in various European countries.
- Advising on the structuring and establishment of a worldwide joint venture for the exploitation of music publishing rights.
News & Resources
October 10, 2019
News & Press Mentions
August 14, 2019
Dorsey Advises Shareholders of UK Law Firms O’Neill Patient and Grindeys Solicitors on the Sale to Inflexion Private Equity
July 9, 2019
November 8, 2018
May 11, 2018
May 9, 2018
November 6, 2017
December 21, 2016
March 25, 2016
November 5, 2015
March 30, 2015
November 21, 2014