Siena is an associate attorney in Dorsey’s Trial Group, where she uses her domestic and international experience to achieve effective and efficient litigation outcomes for her clients. Siena’s litigation experience includes complex consumer class actions, multidistrict, product liability, and commercial litigations, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Siena was a Southern California litigation associate at a Missouri-based law firm, and is still currently licensed to practice in the state of California. She also clerked for both the Alaska Supreme Court and Alaska Superior Court. During law school, Siena worked as a summer associate in the International Dispute Resolution department of a large Chinese-Australian law firm in Beijing, China. She also competed in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration moot court competition in Vienna, Austria, was a teaching assistant for the legal research and writing program, and served as an extern for the Honorable Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers on the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
Education & Admissions
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall) (J.D., 2015),
- Boalt Hall Fellow: merit-based tuition award (2012-15)
- Ms. JD Fellow (2014-15)
- Decanal Grant: to work as a Boalt Hall ambassador in Beijing, China (2013)
- Teaching Assistant, UC Berkeley Law Legal Research & Writing (2013-15)
- Senior Executive Editor; Notes & Comments Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal (2013-15)
- Certified Law Clerk, East Bay Community Law Center’s Housing Clinic (2014)
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition team (2014-15)
- Bales Mock Trial Competition team (2014)
- ABA Student Liaison, Public Education Division (2013-14)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) (B.A., International Development; Minor in Mandarin, 2011), cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Westwind Research Competition: History of Women’s Property Rights in Singapore
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China. Sino-US Relations, Globalization (2009)
- East China Normal University, Shanghai, China. Mandarin Chinese (2009)
- Barcelona and Madrid, Spain. International Business Law, US Taxation (2008)
- U.S. District Court, District of Alaska
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Spanish, Mandarin (basic conversational proficiency)
News & Resources
- New Year’s Resolution – Ninth Circuit Trims Down Class Certification Requirements in Briseno v. ConAgra Foods, 844 F.3d 1121 (9th Cir. 2017), Orange County Federal Bar Association Newsletter (Spring/Summer 2017).
- Autonomous and Connected Vehicles Update, Shook Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.’s Autonomous and Connected Technologies Practice Group Monthly Client Update (April – October 2017).
- Doug Robinson & Siena Caruso, Autonomous Vehicles Year in Review, American Bar Association Products Liability Newsletter (Spring 2017).
- Doug Robinson & Siena Caruso, Autonomous Vehicles: How Safe is Safe Enough? American Bar Association Products Liability Litigation Sound Advice Podcast (Spring 2017).
- New York Adopts the UBE, American Bar Association International Law Section Year in Review (2016).
- Presenter, “Look Ma, No Hands!” The Road Ahead for Autonomous and Connected Technologies, Update of the Law CLE, Kansas City, Missouri (June 22, 2017).
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Products Liability
Professional & Civic
- Alaska Bar Association
- Anchorage Women Lawyers Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers
- Volunteer tax preparer for Alaska Business Development Center, providing federal tax assistance to rural communities (2017-18)
- Coach for University High School mock trial team, Irvine, California (2016-17)
- Volunteer at Federal Pro Se Legal Clinic, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana, California
- Mediator for Alaska court system small claims mediation program (2015-16)