Siena is an associate attorney in Dorsey’s Commercial Litigation Group, where she uses her domestic and international experience to achieve effective and efficient outcomes for her clients. Siena’s dispute resolution experience includes complex consumer class actions, commercial litigation, international arbitration, and regulatory compliance. Siena works with companies, including Alaska Native Corporations, in the mining, tourism, and natural resources industries, among others, to solve problems at every stage of the corporate lifecycle: from starting or growing their business through mergers and acquisitions, to navigating Alaska’s regulatory environment, to enforcing their rights through mediation, arbitration or litigation.
Siena also works closely with city leaders in several cities across Alaska to implement tailored legal solutions to address specific social issues including public health, employment, minor offenses, and levying and collecting taxes, among others.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Siena was a Southern California litigation associate at a Missouri-based law firm, and is still currently licensed to practice in the state of California. She also clerked for both the Alaska Supreme Court and Alaska Superior Court. During law school, Siena worked as a summer associate in the International Dispute Resolution department of a large Chinese-Australian law firm in Beijing, China. She also competed in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration moot court competition in Vienna, Austria, was a teaching assistant for the legal research and writing program, and served as an extern for the Honorable Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers on the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
Education & Admissions
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall) (J.D., 2015),
- Boalt Hall Fellow: merit-based tuition award (2012-15)
- Ms. JD Fellow (2014-15)
- Decanal Grant: to work as a Boalt Hall ambassador in Beijing, China (2013)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) (B.A., International Development; Minor in Mandarin, 2011), cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Westwind Research Competition: History of Women’s Property Rights in Singapore
- U.S. District Court, District of Alaska
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Spanish, Mandarin (basic conversational proficiency)
News & Resources
- New Year’s Resolution – Ninth Circuit Trims Down Class Certification Requirements in Briseno v. ConAgra Foods, 844 F.3d 1121 (9th Cir. 2017), Orange County Federal Bar Association Newsletter (Spring/Summer 2017).
- Autonomous and Connected Vehicles Update, Shook Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.’s Autonomous and Connected Technologies Practice Group Monthly Client Update (April – October 2017).
- Doug Robinson & Siena Caruso, Autonomous Vehicles Year in Review, American Bar Association Products Liability Newsletter (Spring 2017).
- Doug Robinson & Siena Caruso, Autonomous Vehicles: How Safe is Safe Enough? American Bar Association Products Liability Litigation Sound Advice Podcast (Spring 2017).
- New York Adopts the UBE, American Bar Association International Law Section Year in Review (2016).
- Presenter, Minor Offenses Jeopardy, Alaska Municipal Association Annual Meeting (Nov. 19, 2019).
- Presenter, “Look Ma, No Hands!” The Road Ahead for Autonomous and Connected Technologies, Update of the Law CLE, Kansas City, Missouri (June 22, 2017).
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Electronic Discovery
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Indian & Alaska Native
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Products Liability
Professional & Civic
- Alaska Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Corporate Counsel Section (2019 – present)
- Anchorage Women Lawyers Association, Board Member (2019 – present)
- Federal Bar Association of Alaska, Board Member (2020 – present)
- Orange County Women Lawyers
- Girl Scouts of Alaska, Board Member (2019 – present)
- Volunteer tax preparer for Alaska Business Development Center, providing federal tax assistance to rural communities (2017-18)
- Coach for University High School mock trial team, Irvine, California (2016-17)
- Volunteer at Federal Pro Se Legal Clinic, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana, California
- Mediator for Alaska court system small claims mediation program (2015-16)