Nick has a wide range of experience in contentious and non-contentious matters across the full spectrum of IP rights, but has a particular focus on “soft” IP.
He can advise on all IP aspects of corporate transactions and intra-company re-organisations, from due diligence through to negotiating warranties, disclosure letters and drafting ancillary documents.
Nick has been seconded to two advertising agencies and has a good understanding of the creative industry. Whilst on secondment, Nick was responsible for running copy clearance and providing CAP/BCAP Code advice on advertising across a full range of media.
Nick has completed the Post-Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law course at Oxford University and is training to dual qualify as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
Education & Admissions
BPP Law School, London (Legal Practice Course, 2015), Commendation
BPP Law School, London (Graduate Diploma in Law, 2014), Commendation
Oxford University (Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 2019)
University of Manchester (B.A., (Hons.) Politics and Modern History, 2013), 2.1
- Advising Bestway Wholesale on the IP aspects of its acquisition of the Costcutter supermarket group.
- Assisting Sensyne Health plc, a British healthcare technology company, in connection with its successful AIM market IPO.
- Working with hVIVO plc, an industry leading services provider in viral challenge studies and laboratory services, on its reverse takeover of Open Orphan plc.
- Drafting and negotiating Commercial IP agreements, including: (i) sponsorship agreements; (ii) technology licenses; (iii) NDAs; and (iv) joint ventures.
- Trade mark portfolio management for clients across a range of industries, including filing oppositions, reviewing clearance searches, drafting C&D letters and negotiating undertakings/settlement agreements.
- Assisting a global cosmetics producer in a trade mark dispute against the Indian Government at the UKIPO.
- Representing an electric vehicle manufacturer in a trade mark infringement case at the UK High Court.
- Running company name disputes and domain name disputes.
Industries & Practices
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising