Zack has significant experience working with oil and gas transactional matters including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, entity formation and structure, securities offerings, and reserve-based financing, and additionally counsels private and public companies in a broad range of general corporate and commercial matters.
Zack’s experience further includes title examination and the preparation of deeds, leases, joint operating agreements, assignments and various other documents utilized by upstream oil & gas companies and general legal counsel for midstream/downstream operations for pipeline and refining companies.
News & Resources
- 04.01.17 - The Pich Exception: Reservations, Exceptions to Warranty, and Exceptions to Grant in the Chain of Title. Louisiana State University Journal of Energy Law and Resources (Volume V, Issue 1)
- 01.01.14 - Seven Thousand Feet Under: Does Drilling Disturb the Dead? Or Does Drilling Underneath The Dead Disturb the Living? An Analysis of Various Laws Concerning Drilling to Extract Oil and Gas Underneath Cemeteries. West’s Real Estate Law Journal, Vol 43, No 2
- 10.17.17 - Reservations, Exceptions to Warranty, and Exceptions to Grant in the Chain of Title, Permian Basin Landmen's Association (PBLA) Luncheon
- 01.30.16 - Exceptions and Reservations in the Chain of Title, SAAPL 2016 Mid-Winter Seminar
- 03.19.15 - Oil and Gas Drilling Under Cemeteries, Natural Resources Law Section of the San Antonio Bar Association (SABA) Luncheon
- 08.27.14 - Basic Oil and Gas Law and Case Law Update, Oil and Gas Rights in Texas Seminar
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mortgage Banking
- Oil & Gas