Niels practice includes mergers, acquisitions, private securities offerings, debt financings, corporate governance and other general matters of business law. He has represented private, public and emerging companies in a broad range of industries and sectors, including software, real estate, manufacturing and energy.
Education & Admissions
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School (J.D., 2015), summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, and BYU Law Review Lead Note and Comment Editor
Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Business (M.S., Accounting, 2015)
Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Business (B.A., Accounting, 2015), magna cum laude
- Utah Certified Public Accountant
Representative Corporate Transactions
- Represented Bridge Investment Group Partners in its acquisition of Fairlead Commercial Real Estate, LLC and Fairlead Capital Partners, LLC.
- Represented Lignetics Inc. in its acquisition of Marth Companies LLC.
- Represented Great American Appetizers in its sale to Great American Snacks, Inc., a subsidiary of McCain Foods USA, Inc.
- Represented HBH Enterprises Inc dba Ballard Manufacturing in its sale to PetIQ, Inc.
- Represented VMI Nutrition, Inc. in its merger with Nellson Nutraceutical, LLC.
- Represented Lewis Cabinet Specialties, Inc. in its sale to LongWater Opportunities LLC.
- Represented a hospital in connection with the acquisition of multiple physician practices.
- Represented a home health care company in its strategic purchase of a home health care company.
- Represented a group of property information solutions companies in their redemption of a minority member.
- Represented manufacturing and retail company in its recapitalization and private offering of notes and warrants.
- Other publicly-held and privately-held interests in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, public and private financings, partnerships and various governance matters.
- Represented Amedica Corporation in its $15.0 million public offering of preferred stock and warrants.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity