Jamie represents health systems, physician groups, other providers, and payors in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic partnerships. Jamie also advises clients on a breadth of regulatory issues, including state and federal licensing requirements, corporate practice of medicine, Stark Law, state and federal anti-kickback statutes, and HIPAA.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Jamie worked in the health group of another national law firm.
- Represented local hospital system in its acquisition of several community hospitals
- Represented global nonprofit home health agency in a transformational member substitution transaction
- Advised health care private equity firms on transactions and regulatory matters for portfolio companies – including dermatology, dental, hospice care, and home health management providers
- Represented large dental practice in practice acquisitions and strategic plan for growth
- Counseled national health insurer on state licensing and regulatory requirements for development of provider network; assisted in development of master payor agreements with risk-sharing mechanisms
- Negotiated participating provider contracts for the exclusive provider network of a national health insurer
- Assisted in structuring non-professional investment in a primary-care practice through use of the friendly-physician model
- Represented national diagnostics company in its acquisition of a Washington-based laboratory
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations