Trevor is a partner in Dorsey’s Labor & Employment group. He has significant experience representing financial services firms in arbitrations before FINRA, including disputes about customer non-solicitation agreements and advisors’ requests to expunge adverse disclosures. Trevor also litigates class and collective action wage & hour matters, and he regularly assists employers of every size with discrimination and retaliation claims, non-compete issues, and trade secret misappropriation matters.
Outside of litigation and arbitration, Trevor provides advice and practical solutions to clients with employment-related legal questions. He works hand-in-hand with human resources personnel to identify issues quickly, plan business-oriented responses, and minimize risks.
Trevor also devotes much of his time to pro bono and community work. He is a volunteer attorney for the Children’s Law Center and provides legal assistance to non-profit organizations with regard to employment issues. Since 2017, Trevor has served as a high school mock trial coach.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2014), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Davis Award (excellence in study of constitutional law); Senior Note and Comment Editor, Wisconsin Law Review
Gustavus Adolphus College (B.A., 2008), magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, Honorable James D. Peterson, 2014-2016
- Represented medical device manufacturer in appeal of summary judgment on New York City Human Rights Law case alleging age discrimination, which resulted in an appellate decision affirming summary judgment for the employer. Mentonis v. Abbott Labs., No. A20-0158, 2020 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 923 (Minn. Ct. App. 2020).
- Represented specialized parts manufacturer in Minnesota Whistleblower Act case, and successfully obtained temporary injunction against former employee for failure to return confidential documents and misappropriation of trade secrets. Extrand v. Colder Products Co., No. 62-CV-20-594 (Minn. Dist. Ct. Aug. 5, 2020).
- Represented investment firm in various expungement arbitrations before FINRA, resulting in denial of request for expungement. FINRA No. 20-01094, FINRA No. 19-02853.
- Represented sandwich shop franchisee in collective action wage & hour matter, which resulted in a favorable resolution prior to summary judgment.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in Americans with Disabilities Act case alleging failure to accommodate. Successfully obtained summary judgment on all claims—a result that was affirmed on appeal. Collins v. Abbott Labs., Inc., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 109014 (D. Minn. June 28, 2019).
- Represented investment firm in various FINRA arbitrations alleging breach of customer non-solicit and trade secret misappropriation, including successfully defeating corresponding motions in state and federal courts for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
- Represented meat processing company against in class action under the Illinois Biometric Privacy Act, which resulted in a favorable resolution prior to summary judgment.
- Represented great lakes shipping company against various contract and tort claims by former employee. Successfully dismissed all claims prior to discovery. Roulo v. Keystone Shipping Co., 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 221217 (D. Minn. Aug. 10, 2018).