As an associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Sahr has litigated matters arising in a wide range of practice areas including intellectual property and technology litigation, securities and financial services litigation, insurance defense, healthcare litigation, and corporate governance and compliance. As a gifted cross-cultural communicator with keen attention to details, Sahr has advised and represented small to Fortune 500 companies in various disputes.
Sahr works with clients undergoing internal and government investigations, and has also helped investigate and prosecute private companies and public officials at the Sierra Leone Anti-Corruption Commission.
Education & Admissions
William Mitchell College of Law (2015), Editor, William Mitchell Law Review
University of St. Thomas (2011), Presidential Scholar (full tuition); Ronald E. McNair Scholar; Winner of Delta Epsilon Sigma National Writing Competition
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English, Krio, Mende, and French
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Judicial Extern to the Honorable Michael J. Davis
Securities and Financial Services Litigation
- Representing minority shareholders of global pharmaceutical company in multi-million-dollar buyout and trust litigation. Managed discovery, conducted legal research, and drafted pleadings.
- Representing Fortune 500 commercial bank in securities matters as lead associate.
- Representing majority shareholders and pharmaceutical company in IP and breach of contract dispute as lead Minneapolis associate.
- Defending Fortune 100 healthcare company against securities fraud allegations.
- Representing financial institutions in annuity commission disputes and corporate fraud investigations.
- Defending construction company against products liability claims as lead associate.
- Defended global telecommunications provider in antitrust investigation related to billion-dollar transaction.
- Represented transportation corporation in multi-million-dollar construction litigation.
- Defended CEO of a Fortune 500 company against defamation and libel allegations.
- Successfully defended national banking institution against discrimination and conspiracy claims. Drafted motion to dismiss and won.
- Represented technology and pharmaceutical companies in high-stakes patent and Hatch-Waxman litigation.
- Successfully tried and won a nationally watched termination of parental rights case.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Successfully defended international company against patent infringement claims.
- Representing majority shareholders and pharmaceutical company in IP dispute as lead Minneapolis associate.
- Represented computer software company in patent infringement litigation.
- Advised food-tech company regarding state regulatory laws resulting in first variance issued for operating client’s product in California.
- Advised technology company regarding software license and venture capital agreements.
- Advised Fortune 500 food company on corporate governance issues.
- Advised pharmaceutical company on NASDAQ regulations related to an inducement plan.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Newer Lawyer Luncheons with the Federal Judiciary, Federal Bar Association, Newer Lawyer’s Committee, Minnesota (2017-June 2018)
- “The Current State of Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Law,” Federal Bar Association CLE Event, Minneapolis, MN (April 5, 2018)
- “So You Want to Be a Lawyer?” Hiawatha Collegiate High School Career Expo, Minneapolis, MN (April 22, 2016)
- “West African Medical Missions Inc.: Shifting the Paradigm for Global Health in Sierra Leone,” City of Lakes Rotary Club, Minneapolis, MN (July 23, 2014)
- “Indomitable Hope at the Fazenda da Esperança (“Farms of Hope”),” Opus Prize Ceremony at Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis, MN (November 4, 2009)
Industries & Practices
- Anti-Corruption Group
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation