Sahr has litigated matters arising in a wide range of practice areas including insurance defense, healthcare litigation, commercial lease disputes, intellectual property and technology litigation, and business transactions. As a gifted cross-cultural communicator with keen attention to details, Sahr has advised and represented small to Fortune 500 companies in various disputes.
Sahr has also helped successfully investigate and prosecute foreign government officials.
Education & Admissions
William Mitchell College of Law (2015), Editor, William Mitchell Law Review
University of St. Thomas (2011), Presidential Scholar (full tuition); Ronald E. McNair Scholar; Winner of Delta Epsilon Sigma National Writing Competition
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English, Krio and French
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Judicial Extern to the Honorable Michael J. Davis
- Defended CEO of a Fortune 500 company against defamation and libel allegations.
- Advised food-tech company regarding state regulatory laws resulting in first variance issued for operating client’s product in California.
- Advised tech company regarding software license and venture capital agreements.
- Represented healthcare providers in coverage disputes and fraud allegations.
- Successfully tried and won a nationally watched termination of parental rights case.
- Represented technology and pharmaceutical companies in high stakes patent and Hatch-Waxman litigation.
News & Resources
- Newer Lawyer Luncheons with the Federal Judiciary, Federal Bar Association, Newer Lawyer’s Committee, Minnesota (2017-June 2018)
- Newer Lawyers Group Hosts Forum Addressing “Insights from Corporate Trailblazers of Color,” 11 BAR TALK (Issue 4), 9 (May 9, 2018)
- “The Current State of Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Law,” Federal Bar Association CLE Event, Minneapolis, MN (April 5, 2018)
- “So You Want to Be a Lawyer”
- The Humility and Compassion of a Foot Soldier: Judge Michael J. Davis Receives Sarah T. Hughes Civil Rights Award, 10 BAR TALK (Issue I), 3 (September 2016)
- Hiawatha Collegiate High School Career Expo, Minneapolis, MN (April 22, 2016)
- “West African Medical Missions Inc.: Shifting the Paradigm for Global Health in Sierra Leone,” City of Lakes Rotary Club, Minneapolis, MN (July 23, 2014)
- The Death of Participatory Democracy: The Role of Neoliberal Economic Reforms on Developing Nations, RONALD E.MCNAIR UNDERGRADUATE JOURNAL (2010)
- “Indomitable Hope at the Fazenda da Esperança (“Farms of Hope”),” Opus Prize Ceremony at Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis, MN (November 4, 2009)
Industries & Practices
- Anti-Corruption Group
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation