In his government enforcement and corporate investigations practice, Sam plans and conducts effective internal investigations and represents those under investigation by federal or state authorities. He is a constructive problem-solver to avoid litigation, but uses his years of experience in litigation and as a judicial clerk to secure a winning position for his clients in civil lawsuits and government enforcement actions.
Sam also provides sophisticated solutions in the complex fields of cybersecurity and data privacy, guiding clients through ever-changing privacy laws and internet regulations. He assists with the nuanced challenges of data breaches, privacy policies, and the handling of sensitive information, whether it be personal, public, or corporate data. He provides advice and compliance support to businesses, government entities, and non-profits, particularly regarding state and federal public open records laws including the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and the federal Freedom of Information Act.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2015), magna cum laude
University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A. in English, Certificate in Business, 2012), Comprehensive Honors
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Honorable David L. Lillehaug, 2016-2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Honorable David S. Doty, 2015-2016
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement