Rebecca's experience spans traditional labor and employment counsel, immigration, and federal contract compliance and audits, including affirmative action plans and audits. She supports clients with their corporate transactions, advising on labor and employment diligence, negotiating with new unions and conducting effects bargaining, and assisting her clients with post-acquisition or post-divestiture integration. Rebecca has particular experience helping food, beverage, and agribusiness companies as well as cooperatives and financial institutions with their employment problems.
Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca served as Senior VP of HR and Associate General Counsel at one of the nation’s largest student loan guarantors. Rebecca also has direct experience in labor relations, including serving as the Director of Labor Relations for a telemarketing company before attending law school, making her an excellent advisor to employers in all aspects of managing unionized employees.
In addition, Rebecca assists clients with their business immigration needs, including securing temporary and permanent US visas, Form I-9 compliance training and audit defense, and merger and acquisition-related counseling. She is a frequent author and speaker on labor and employment topics confronting HR professionals, including legal issues related to talent management, succession planning, and compliance.
Rebecca is Co-Chair of Firmwide Diversity and Inclusion.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2003), magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Lead Note & Comment Editor of the Minnesota Law Review
San Francisco State University (B.S.S., Labor Studies, 1997)
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Counsels clients with unionized-workplaces in collective bargaining and grievance resolution.
- Works with federal contractors to ensure compliance with their obligations under affirmative action and prevailing wage laws.
- Conducts I-9 company trainings.
- Secures E1, E2, H-1B, L-1, O and similar employment-based non-immigrant visas and green cards.
- Negotiates and drafts executive employment agreements.
- Negotiates and drafts separation agreements.
- Supports the corporate M&A group on all aspects of the labor and employment diligence process, drafts ancillary documents, plans and implements WARN Act compliance procedures, and assists her clients with post-acquisition or post-divestiture integration matters.
- Counsels and trains clients on all phases of the employment relationship.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Benefits & Compensation
- Cooperative Law
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section Council Member, 2015 - present
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Mother Attorneys Association
- Veterans Pro Bono Consortium, 2003 - present
- Legal CORPS, 2004 - present
- Episcopal Church of Minnesota, Vice Chancellor, 2012 - 2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Co-Chair, Vice-Chair, and Chair, Women in the Legal Profession Committee, 2008 - 2011
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Co-Chair, Pro Bono Committee of the Business Law Section, 2009 - 2011
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2019-2020
- Minnesota Attorney at Law, Attorney of the Month, March 2018
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2014-2019
- Listed in the Minnesota Lawyer as an “Up & Coming Attorney,” 2010
- Leonard Street and Deinard Award for Outstanding Board Publication in the Minnesota Law Review, 2003
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section: Outstanding Student Achievement Award for Excellence in Employment Law, 2003