ALAN HELPS COMPANIES PURSUE THEIR BUSINESS GOALS BY PROVIDING PRACTICAL LEGAL ADVICE ON INVESTMENTS AND MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS.
As a corporate attorney, Alan practice focuses on private equity, and he counsels private funds in the purchase and sale of portfolio companies and portfolio company investments. He also serves as outside corporate counsel for venture and private equity-backed companies, advising on general corporate and financing matters.
Alan represents institutional investors, including banks, insurance companies, endowments, fund of funds and family offices, in their limited partner investments in venture, buyout, real estate, mezzanine, and other private funds. He has assisted institutional investors in more than 150 limited partner investments representing more than $1 billion of capital commitments.
In addition, Alan counsels sponsors on the formation of private funds, including venture, buyout, fund of funds, sector-focused and hedge funds, and he advises on the operations of the funds. He has been involved in the formation of dozens of funds representing aggregate capital commitments of more than $1 billion.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- "Distressed Assets," Association of Corporate Counsel, Mountain West Chapter, November 2, 2011
- "Counseling the Small Business Client in Utah," National Business Institute, 2002
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Ranked one of "America’s Leading Business Lawyers" by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2007-2021
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2010-2017 and 2019-2022
- Listed in Utah Business Magazine, Legal Elite (Corporate Law and Transactions; Mergers and Acquisitions), 2006-2015 and 2016-2019
- Listed as a Mountain States "Rising Star," 2008-2009 and 2011