MAX HELPS COMPANIES IN THE EU AND THE US NAVIGATE ALL STAGES OF THE CORPORATE LIFECYCLE – FROM START-UP THROUGH EARLY AND LATER STAGE FUNDING, MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS AND INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS.
Max’s primary practice focus is on cross-border M&A and equity capital markets. Max has extensive experience with UK domestic and cross-border private and public acquisitions and divestitures. Max also advises banks and issuers on IPOs and secondary issues, both on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange. Max advises on private equity, venture capital and angel investments, as well as on banking and finance transactions. In addition, EU and US companies look to Max for advice on the UK and EU securities law elements of cross-border fundraising transactions and on UK corporate governance and compliance matters.
Max is Editor of the Firm's Brexit Updates blog.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Entrust Datacard Corporation in connection with its Danish acquisition of SMS Passcode and parallel strategic investment in CensorNet Limited
- Advising Carlisle Companies, Inc. in connection with its acquisitions of sealant manufacturer ARBO (Holdings) Limited and EASA production and design company Tenencia Limited
- Advising iServe Products, US-headquarted growth intelligence ecommerce company, in connection with its acquisition of Practicology Ltd, a UK-headquarted ecommerce consultancy company with operations in Australia, Hong Kong and China
- Advising leading travel management company Travel and Transport, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Statesman Travel Limited
- Advising Workfront, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of online proofing specialists ProofHQ Limited
- Advising Orbotech Ltd. in connection with its $370 million acquisition of SPTS Technologies Group Limited
- Advising Towergate Partnershipco Limited in connection with its acquisition of Arista Insurance Limited
- Advising Watchstone Group plc (formerly Quindell Portfolio plc) in connection with various acquisitions for an aggregate purchase price in excess of £100 million
- Advising Osteotech, Inc. in connection with its $123 million takeover by Medtronic, Inc.
- Advising Robert Bosch UK Holdings in connection with its acquisition of SPX United Kingdom Limited (as part of a wider $1 billion acquisition by Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Advising Blackwell Limited in connection with its acquisition of the Lindsay & Croft UK business from YBP Library Services, and the related sale of Blackwell North America and Australia-based James Bennett to Baker & Taylor, Inc.
- Advising Shed Productions plc in connection with its acquisitions of Screentime Partners Limited, Twenty Twenty Productions Limited and Wall to Wall Holdings Limited
- Advising Shed Productions plc on its £100 million recommended takeover by Warner Bros. by way of scheme of arrangement
- Advising C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc. in connection with its acquisition of international freight forwarder Walker Logistics
- Advising Rightnow Technologies Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Q-go.com B.V. for c. $34 million
AIM and Official List
- Advising Cenkos Securities plc on the £20 million AIM IPO and institutional placing by ClearStar Inc.
- Advising Charles Stanley & Co. Limited and WG Partners LLP on the £21.6 million firm placing, subscription and open offer by Oxford BioMedica plc
- Advising Cenkos Securities plc on the £70 million AIM IPO and institutional placing by Rightster Group plc and on the £42 million secondary placing by Rightster Group plc funding 2 acquisitions
- Advising Seymour Pierce Limited on the delisting from AIM of Tottenham Hotspur plc
- Advising Canaccord Genuity Limited on the £22 million AIM IPO and institutional placing by Zattikka plc, together with 3 simultaneous acquisitions in the US, Sweden and China
- Advising Canaccord Genuity Limited on the £40 million AIM IPO and institutional placing by Ubisense Group plc
- Advising Quindell Portfolio plc in connection with 2 institutional placings raising an aggregate of close to £50 million
- Advising Microsaic Systems plc in connection with its £12 million AIM IPO and institutional placing, and in connection with multiple subsequent £5 million institutional placings
- Advising SKIL Ports & Logistics Limited in connection with its £110 million AIM IPO, Rule 144A offering and institutional placing
- Advising the nominated adviser and broker in connection with the AIM IPO of a BVI company and related £25 million institutional placing
- Advising Inland plc in connection with its £50 million AIM IPO and institutional placing (as well as its £10 million pre-IPO placing)
- Advising Innovation Group plc in connection with its £35 million 2 for 5 rights issue
Banking / Finance
- Advising US Bank National Association in connection with over £500 million in financing and refinancing transactions
- Advising Blackwell Limited in connection with the refinancing of its UK operations
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- "M&A Lawyer of the Year – UK," Finance Monthly M&A Awards 2017
- "Securities Lawyer of the Year – UK," Finance Monthly Global Awards 2017
- “Ones to Watch in 2017 for M&A – USA,” Corporate Vision Magazine Corporate Excellence Awards 2017
- Ranked as “Up and Coming” in the field of Corporate M&A by Chambers UK 2017-2019
- Recognized by Acquisition International's 2016 M&A Advisor Awards for "Best Cross Border M&A Team – UK"
- "Excellence in Domestic Divestitures – UK," Corporate Livewire's 2016 International M&A awards
- "M&A Law Firm of the Year – UK," Finance Monthly Global Awards 2016
- Leading Lawyer Global 250–2014, Lawyer Monthly Magazine
- Listed as a Rising Star in 2013-2015 by Super Lawyers London
- Recommended by Legal 500 (2014-2017, 2019) in Flotations
- Recommended by Legal 500 (2014, 2017, 2019) in Mergers & Acquisitions