Wais advises clients on the formation and operation of domestic and offshore alternative investment funds.
Wais advises both investment managers and institutional investors with respect to the structuring and formation of private investment funds, domestic and offshore, including single and master-feeder fund structures as well as managed accounts. He also has experience advising clients on related regulatory and compliance matters.
- Represented investment manager in the formation of a $500 million single investor private credit fund, incorporated in the Cayman Islands, which invests in structured credit transactions
- Represented fund sponsor and manager in the formation of a $150 million domestic private investment company investing in credit risk sharing transactions
- Represented trading advisor in the negotiation of an investment management agreement with an offshore limited partnership vehicle with a total capital commitment of $250 million
- Represented fund sponsor and investment manager with respect to formation and negotiation of fund documents and side letters for domestic and offshore master-feeder fund structure with total capital commitments exceeding $600 million
- Represented fund sponsor and investment manager in the negotiation of a €120 million NAV facility agreement with a UK investment bank
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity