DORSEY HEALTH STRATEGIES TEAM.
Kristen works with clients to solve a variety of strategic, operational, and compliance challenges. She has worked particularly with hospitals, clinicians, and post-acute care providers, including but not limited to selecting clinical episodes for bundles, understanding payment reform regulations, improving post-acute efficiency, narrowing post-acute networks, and working with managed care payers. Kristen is an industry expert in value-based reimbursement and bundled payments, including technical details, gainsharing mechanisms, and best practices for financial success.
Kristen also leverages her law degree as she translates regulations into operational implications. Prior to joining DHS, Kristen was a senior consultant with the Advisory Board Company.
- Directed strategic research studies to serve health industry leaders.
- Expert on a variety of regulatory, strategic, and operational considerations for hospital and post-acute care providers with a particular focus on payment reform models, including the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) and BPCI Advanced programs, cardiac and hip episode payment models (EPMs), Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) program, and MACRA.
- Led analysis and responses to proposed and final regulatory changes to payment reform programs within weeks of CMS’s announcements to audiences of 1,000+ clients.
- Directed quantitative and qualitative analyses and led research teams.
- Particular expertise in selecting clinical episodes for bundles, understanding payment reform regulations, improving post-acute efficiency, narrowing post-acute networks, and working with managed care payers.
- Experienced in health policy analysis and value-based reimbursement.
- Managed teams to drive research and analysis of varied health industry topics.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Dorsey Health Strategies
- Health Transactions & Regulations