To solve clients’ problems, David leverages a combined 20 years of civil and criminal representations. He has addressed business issues from all sides as a former federal prosecutor, private practice litigator and corporate officer.
David is the former United States Attorney for the District of Utah. He led an office of more than 80 legal professionals and had responsibility for thousands of civil and criminal investigations and cases. David also had regional and national leadership responsibilities at the Department of Justice (DOJ).
In private practice, David has conducted numerous internal investigations for clients in more than a dozen states and countries in North America, Europe and Asia.
As a litigator, David has represented clients in both civil and criminal matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States. David has served as national, regional, and case-specific counsel.
David also has worked in house as a Vice President for Walmart's Health and Wellness businesses, including more than 8,000 pharmacies, optical centers and medical clinics throughout the United States.
- During U.S. Attorney tenure, appointed by the Attorney General to serve on the Attorney General’s Advisory Committee (AGAC) to represent U.S. Attorneys and advise the DOJ on policy, management and operations.
- Served on DOJ’s White Collar Crime Subcommittee and Health Care Fraud Working Group.
- Chaired DOJ’s Local Government Coordination Working Group.
- Conducted internal investigations across the United States and many other countries, including Belgium, China, the Czech Republic, England, India, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, Spain, and Switzerland.
- Represented companies and executives in state Attorney General and Department of Justice investigations.
- Served as national, regional, and case-specific counsel in pre-trial, trial, and appellate matters.
- Litigated cases running the gamut of size and amount in controversy from two-party, single jurisdiction cases to billion dollar multi-district and nationwide litigation.
- Represented company in pharmaceutical litigation involving thousands of cases in state courts nationwide, an MDL, and multiple putative class actions. Played a leading role on the multi-firm strategy and executive teams, including coordinating attorneys from numerous law firms.
- Oversaw and handled hundreds of toxic tort cases in 10 states across the country for a multinational conglomerate.
- Private practice cases and investigations include breach of contract, data integrity, defamation, eminent domain, False Claims Act (FCA), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), financial fraud, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), healthcare fraud, insurance coverage, medical malpractice, products liability (consumer products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals), toxic tort and various compliance issues.
- Led 50-person compliance team for Walmart’s Health and Wellness businesses.
- Served as General Counsel and Chief Counsel on the Judiciary Committee for U.S. Senator Mike Lee.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Anti-Corruption Group
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Healthcare Litigation
- Products Liability