Associate and Solicitor Advocatearora.firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMOC Sales & Marketing Limited v Persons Unknown & 30 ors  EWHC 2230 (Comm): Acted for international commodities business subject to a sophisticated Business Email Compromise fraud and obtained first-known reported worldwide freezing injunction against ‘Persons Unknown’.
- Blackstar Advisors Ltd v Cheyne Capital International Ltd and another  EWHC 3496 (Comm): Successfully defended claims against a leading hedge fund for alleged unpaid introducer fees in excess of EUR 40 million.
- Blackstar Advisors Ltd v Cheyne Capital International Ltd and another  EWCA Civ 2210: Successfully resisted appeal by an investment introducer for alleged unpaid fees.
- Hardy v Government of India and IIFC (UK)  EWHC 1916 (Comm): Acted successfully for IIFC (UK) in a Commercial Court case, discharging a third-party debt order obtained in connection with an approx. US$ 70 million arbitration award.
- Acted for a significant mining investments company in a $500 million+ dispute with an international mining conglomerate in an ad hoc arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules administered by the LCIA before a distinguished three-member tribunal.
- Acted for a significant Latin American energy company in relation to an ICC administered arbitration before a distinguished three-member tribunal. The claims (in excess of US$ 80 million) comprise breach of a sale and purchase agreement in relation to foreign tax liabilities.
- Acted for an ultra-high net-worth family in relation to restructuring of English law governed trusts (assets in excess of EUR 400 million). Acted in relation to a Public Trustee v Cooper application and successfully defended the appointment of a Protector pursuant to foreign succession laws.
- Acted for an ultra-high net-worth Russian/Belgian individual in relation to two proceedings in England (a probate dispute in relation to an estate estimated to be valued around US$ 1 billion and a dispute relating to the shareholding of a company valued in excess of US$ 40 million) and related proceedings in Belgium. Singapore and the BVI.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Solutions & Investigations
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Trusts & Estates Litigation