Kerry Lee is an associate in the Intellectual Property group. She prepares and prosecutes patent applications for a wide variety of technologies including computer memory, medical devices, artificial intelligence, and ultra-low power semiconductor devices for use in 5G network and Internet of Things devices. Kerry Lee manages prosecution of international patent portfolios, particularly in China, Korea, Japan, and Europe. She also manages prosecution of patent portfolios relating to industry standards.
In addition to patent prosecution, Kerry Lee drafts and negotiates agreements for technology transactions including intellectual property licenses, software licenses, research and collaboration agreements, and terms of service for websites and mobile applications. Kerry Lee also assists in privacy matters arising in technology transactions and due diligence for intellectual property in corporate transactions.
Education & Admissions
University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2018), Graduated with Honors
Keio University in Tokyo, Japan (Exchange Student, 2018)
Boston University (M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2010), Dean’s Fellowship
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2003), Graduated with High Distinction, Presidential Scholarship
University Of Massachusetts At Lowell (M.B.A., Finance, 2015), Beta Gamma Sigma
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Conducted invention disclosure meetings, prepared patent applications, and managed patent prosecution in technologies including
- Electrical Devices including computer memory, low power semiconductor devices, and energy storage
- Software including image processing, machine learning, and medical data analytics
- Medical devices including microfluidics, biosensors, catheters, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound for imaging and therapeutics
- Counseled clients on patent strategies, including techniques for expediting or delaying examination, drafting claims in light of industry standards, and development of a global portfolio footprint.
- Advised on compliance with Bayh-Dole Act for government funded inventions.
- Advised on virtual currencies and rewards programs for online gaming and social media platforms.
- Negotiated data use agreements with domestic and international medical institutions.
Industries & Practices
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce