Kerry Lee Andken is an associate in the Intellectual Property group. Kerry Lee prepares patent applications and manages prosecution for both large and emerging companies as well as educational institutions. Kerry Lee’s technology portfolio includes computer memory, medical devices, software, deep learning, energy storage, and ultra-low power semiconductor devices. Kerry Lee also has experience with open source license issues, trademark, copyright, and privacy matters.
Prior to law school, Kerry Lee practiced with Dorsey as a patent agent. Before joining Dorsey, Kerry Lee was a Licensing Manager at the University of Massachusetts Lowell’s Commercial Ventures & Intellectual Property Office.
Education & Admissions
University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2018), Graduated with Honors
Keio University (Exchange Student, 2018)
Boston University (M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2010), Dean’s Fellowship
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2003), Graduated with High Distinction, Presidential Scholarship
University Of Massachusetts At Lowell (M.B.A., Finance, 2015), Beta Gamma Sigma
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Conducted invention disclosure meetings, prepared patent applications, and managed patent prosecution in technologies including
- Electrical Devices including computer memory, low power semiconductor devices, and energy storage
- Software including image processing, financial transactions, and medical data analytics
- Medical devices including microfluidics, biosensors, and ultrasound for imaging and therapeutics
- Counseled clients on patent strategies, including use of expedited examination techniques, provisional applications, and development of a global portfolio footprint.
- Advised on compliance with Bayh-Dole Act for government funded inventions.
- Conduct due diligence for intellectual property in corporate transactions.
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management