Recognized as one of Minnesota’s leading attorneys in administrative, regulatory and environmental law, Mike is also the Chair of the Legislative practice group.
One of Mike's areas of experience is in insurance law and representing companies on state legislative and regulatory compliance matters. He has been the counsel to the Minnesota property-casualty insurance guaranty association for many years. In that role he was also a founding member of the Legal Committee of the National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds.
In his free time Mike has served as long time board member and past board chair of a large Twin Cities based HMO/managed care organization as well several years as a board member of a regional insurance holding company with significant personal lines and an expanding life insurance presence throughout the Midwest.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Clean Technology
- Cooperative Law
- Educational Publishing, Technology & Services
- Insurance Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association; former chair of Administrative Law Section
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association; former chair of Environmental Law Committee
- Former president of the Minnesota Governmental Relations Council
Long time co-author of a column on administrative law appearing in Bench and Bar of Minnesota
Founding member of Legal Committee of the National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds
- Listed as a Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2003-2004, 2006
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2012 and 2013
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2010-2016
- Named "Minneapolis Lawyer of the Year" in Administrative and Regulatory Law by Best Lawyers©, 2016
- Named Best Lawyers Minneapolis Government Relations Lawyer of the Year, 2013