The North America section of the Digest focuses on recent FCPA developments. It includes:
- The DOJ probe into possible Uber FCPA violations;
- SEC and DOJ’s probe into Chinese oil company Sinopec;
- Increased cooperation between the DOJ’s Health Care Fraud Unit and FCPA prosecutors and
- The continuing outfall from the “Fat Leonard” U.S. Navy Scandal.
In the Asia section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The recent sentencing of Samsung heir Lee Jae-young;
- Former Hong Kong Chief Executive Under Investigation.
The Digest also looks at recent developments in Latin America, including:
- Continuing allegations that Latin American politicians and CEOs received bribes from Petrobras and Odebrecht;
- Brazilian President Temer won’t face corruption charges until he finishes serving his term.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East, Europe, and Africa, as well as links to recently published FCPA articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.