Dorsey is closely monitoring the business and legal implications of the failures of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank. Our team of experienced bank regulatory lawyers are working with clients on a wide variety of issues arising out of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) receivership, including access to deposits, lending relationships, cash management services, custodial services, payroll, trust accounts, investor relations, and disclosures.
Below are informational resources intended to help navigate this evolving situation. We will continue to update this page as additional news becomes available.
For more information, we encourage you to reach out to your Dorsey contacts or get in touch with Erin Bryan and Joe Lynyak listed below.
- Upcoming: Quo Vais? A Forward-Looking Review and Analysis of the Recent Bank Failures
- Webinar Playback: The Silicon Valley Bank Failure—The Current Status and the Path Forward, March 15, 2023
- How Crypto-Friendly Bank Failures Will Change Tech Industry
- Ex-Signature Bank Execs Lose Small Fortune in Collapse
- After Silicon Valley Bank's shutdown, Uninsured Depositors Face Tense Wait
- Regulators Extend SVB Bidding, Give OK to Signature Deal
- Is This a Banking Crisis? What to Know About the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse
- Evan After Silicon Valley Bank's Collapse, Wamu's is Still the Biggest
- All Eyes on Regulators as SVB Failure Tests Bank-Crisis Prep
- 5 Things to Know About Silicon Valley Bank's Collapse
- After Silicon Valley Bank's Shutdown, Uninsured Depositors Face Tense Wait
- Signature Bank's Closure Was Not Tied to Crypto. Or Was It?
- Review of the Federal Reserve’s Supervision and Regulation of Silicon Valley Bank
- Comprehensive Review of DFPI's Oversight and Regulation of Silicon Valley Bank
- FDIC’S Supervision of Signature Bank
- FDIC: Silicon Valley Bank Frequently Asked Questions
- DFPI: California Financial Regulator Takes Possession of Silicon Valley Bank
- DFPI Statement: Comprehensive Review of Oversight and Regulation of Silicon Valley Bank
- Silicon Valley Bank is now a division of First Citizens Bank
- First Citizens Bank Enters into Whole Bank Purchase of Silicon Valley Bridge Bank, N.A.
- First Citizens Silicon Bank Valley Customer FAQs
SVB Financial Group Bankruptcy:
- FDIC: Failed Bank Information for Signature Bank, New York, NY
- Superintendent Adrienne A. Harris Announces New York Department of Financial Services Takes Possession of Signature Bank
- Subsidiary of New York Community Bancorp, Inc., to Assume Deposits of Signature Bridge Bank, N.A., From the FDIC
- OCC Conditionally Approves Flagstar Bank, N.A. to Purchase and Assume Deposits of Signature Bridge Bank, N.A.
- About Flagstar Bank
Comments from Treasury and White House:
- Joint Statement by the Department of the Treasury, Federal Reserve, and FDIC
- Statement from President Joe Biden on Actions to Strengthen Confidence in the Banking System