Thomas Lorenzen remarks in various media outlets on the high court’s June 23, 2014 ruling that the EPA could not require permits based on greenhouse gas emissions alone, but that greenhouse gasses could be considered as part of the permit process for facilities already emitting other pollutants.
- InsideEPA: High Court's UARG Ruling Leaves Open Questions On GHG Permit Threshold
- E&ENews: Former DOJ environment official Lorenzen says GHG ruling could impact future of EPA regulations
- Forbes: Tread Carefully With Greenhouse-Gas Regulations, Court Warns EPA
- Bloomberg: Industry Sees Warning on Power Plant Carbon Rules in Supreme Court Decision
- Washington DC Business Journal: Both EPA and business happy with Supreme Court's greenhouse gas ruling