- Advised critical access hospital on fraud and abuse implications of provider independent contractor arrangement
- Drafted legal opinion discussing risks of proposed private payor strategic initiatives
- Counseled ambulatory surgical center on structuring physician ownership to comply with federal law and agency guidance
- Advised multi-specialty clinic on payment issues with an out-of-state insurance company
- Negotiated payor agreements and reviewed for compliance with client policies
News & Resources
- “Artificial Intelligence: Attempts at developing an ethical approach for its use in insurance” (co-author), in Research Handbook on International Insurance Law & Regulations (2nd ed.), (coming 2023).
- “Carbon Capture and Storage Pipelines as a Short-Term CO2 Reduction Strategy for Iowa”, selected as a winning paper of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources’ law student writing competition, 2022.
- “Promoting Quality of Life and Safety in Assisted Living: A Survey of State Monitoring and Enforcement Agents” (co-author), in Medical Care Research and Review, 2021.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Staying Secure: Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures Under the HIPAA Security Rule” (co-presenter), Iowa Hospital Association webinar, 2023.
- “Open, Closed, and Public Meeting Procedures” (co-presenter), Iowa Hospital Association webinar, 2023.
Industries & Practices
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Boyd Service Award (University of Iowa College of Law, 2022)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Employment Law (University of Iowa College of Law, 2021)
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence in Climate Change Law & Policy (University of Iowa College of Law, 2022)
- Milford E. Barnes Award for service and academic excellence (University of Iowa College of Public Health, 2019)