Ronnie has over 10 years of intellectual property counseling experience. He combines a practical engineering mindset with legal acumen to help clients build a valuable intellectual property portfolio. In particular, he counsels clients on patent prosecution matters, including invention patentability, patent filing strategies, prior art landscaping analysis, and patent licensing. He also advises clients on trade secrets, trademarks, and copyright issues.
Ronnie has a knack and interest to learn new technology areas and believes a thorough understanding of a client’s technology and business is required to provide valuable IP services.
- Prepared and prosecuted US and PCT patent application in a wide variety of electrical, software, and mechanical arts. Representative arts include: semiconductors, RFID systems, MEMS, biomedical devices, optoelectronics, telecommunications, & online services (e.g., advertising, e-commerce, social networking, gaming).
- Developed patent claim charts for licensing negotiations, responded to claim chart rebuttals (invalidity and non-infringement rebuttals), conducted patent due diligence analyses, and developed investment plans & strategies for patent monetization.
- Managed trademark portfolios for various renowned artists in the entertainment industry, including global enforcement of trademark rights.
- Conducted patent non-infringement and invalidity studies.
- Prepared and negotiated OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) license agreements.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Presented “US Patent Fundamentals for the Humanitarian-minded Inventor” at the IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference -- October 13-16, 2016.
- Presented “Trademark Law Primer” at the King County Bar Association’s Bridging the Gap CLE -- March 7, 2014.
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management