Brian has represented Fortune 500 companies, middle market as well as small businesses, and individuals involving in a wide variety of matters, including breach of contract claims, real estate disputes, trust and estate disputes, employment disputes, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims, premises liability claims, fraud claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, product liability claims, insurance coverage disputes, and aviation matters.
Brian understands that each dispute reflects its own narrative. His approach is straightforward: evaluate the facts, organize those facts into a narrative with persuasive themes, create a strategic and cost-efficient plan to achieve the client’s goals, and work relentlessly to achieve those goals.
A native Texan, Brian honed his disciplined, tireless work ethic and strategic thinking as a scholarship golfer at Mississippi State University. His work as a trial lawyer telling compelling stories to audiences, judges and arbitrators is a lifelong pursuit.
Education & Admissions
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2012), cum laude, Science & Technology Law Review, Frank and Debbie Branson Trial Advocacy Scholarship Recipient (Top Advocate), SMU Board of Advocates
Mississippi State University (B.B.A., 2009), cum laude
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, Active
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, Judicial Intern for Honorable Federal Magistrate Judge Don Bush
- Trial counsel for $22 million judgment in sexual assault/dram shop case following bench trial (largest bench trial verdict in Texas - 2015).
- Obtained complete plaintiff's verdict in multimillion-dollar will contest where the jury found the testator lacked testamentary capacity and was unduly influenced to sign the will. The jury awarded Brian's client all of his attorneys' fees and expenses.
- Secured $1.35 million verdict on behalf of Denmark woman in fraudulent real estate transaction against estranged husband and title company involving luxury condominium.
- Obtained substantial financial settlement on behalf of hotel management company in a breach of contract and tortious interference dispute in Arizona involving the formation of a competing hotel management company.
- Represented the largest automobile manufacturers in the world in complex product liability litigation, including class actions and multidistrict litigation.
- Secured favorable settlement in a breach of contract dispute on behalf of a business jet owner in North Carolina.
- Defended local crane manufacturing company in wrongful death lawsuit in Iowa involving falling crane. Obtained favorable settlement for client three days before trial.
- Obtained favorable verdict on behalf of a large Texas hotel involving a breach of contract dispute with roofing company.
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of a consumer asset management company involving the purchase of delinquent debt.
- Obtained favorable settlement for wrongfully terminated corporate director.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Remember Your Name, Texas Lawbook, June 14, 2017
- Tobacco Manufacturers and the United States Government: Ready for Battle. 15 SMU Sci. & Tech. L. Rev. 555 (2012)
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Labor & Employment
- Products Liability
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Trusts & Estates Litigation