M&A and Property Acquisitions
Dorsey attorneys have extensive experience in transactions for the purchase and sale of oil and gas and mining properties, including all types of exploration and operating properties. Dorsey attorneys also have extensive experience in the purchase and sale of public and private oil & gas and mining companies including significant experience in the purchase and sale of public mining companies whose stock is traded both in Canada and in the United States. Dorsey attorneys regularly conduct title, environmental, permitting, corporate, tax and securities due diligence, draft and negotiate purchase and sale agreements, and handle pre-closing and post-closing regulatory consents and approvals, including Hart-Scott-Rodino, Exon- Florio, and approvals before the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), and state and local regulatory agencies.
Lawyers in this PracticeBill Prince
- Buyer’s counsel in the acquisition of a domestic coal company with principal assets in the Powder River Basin valued at $764 million.
- Buyer’s counsel in the acquisition of a major uranium company holding assets throughout the western United States for $1.5 billion.
- Buyer’s counsel in oil and gas acquisitions of producing and undeveloped properties in the Williston Basin valued at $540 million, $245 million and $85 million.
- Seller's counsel in the sale of a majority interest in an Alaskan gold mine for $245 million.
- Buyer's counsel in the acquisition of uranium mill, mines and mining properties and assets located throughout the western United States for $146 million.
- Buyer’s counsel in the $1.4 billion acquisition of domestic coal company with operating coal mines in Wyoming, Colorado and Utah.
- Representation of major coal company in coal-to-liquids joint venture and property transaction, Powder River Basin.
- Negotiated purchase of multiple CBM wells in Wyoming to avoid multiple mineral development conflicts.
(801) 933-7370Kenneth Sam
(416) 367-7373Chris Barry
(206) 903-8815 Randy Jones
(206) 903-8814Kimberly Anderson
(206) 903-8803Chris Doerksen
(206 903-8856Jason Brenkert
(303) 352-1133Wells Parker